Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi.I have two PC, one located in a DMZ and other in the inside network. Both must communicate bidirectionally across specific ports, but I want to disable NAT between them since I am handling an administrative application and it does not work with NA...

ramiro by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We currently have a Cisco PIX that connects to our local network and then out to a T1 connection. We added a loadbalancing device that sits between the T1 link and the PIX. I changed the PIX's outside IP address and outside interface default route ...

bevans by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi !any ideas whether destination-nat is possible with a Cisco PIX ?What I want to achieve is:When the FW sees a packet, destined to a special IP, it will translate this packet - every other packet will remain "untouched".ThxHans

schimekh by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there-I'm having a problem with some mail reconfiguration.We've switched from a non-firewalled ISDN connection with one ISP to an ADSL connection with BT (British Telecom) in the UK. I've set up a 1721 for their DSL connection, and am in the proce...

0r8it by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible to have the DHCP server on the PIX 501 hand out a subnet different from the one on the inside interface? I am trying to have a class B subnet mask on the interface, with two different class C subnets behind the inside interface so the ...

cscott by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a PIX firewall that needs an additional IP range assigned to the external interface. Is it possible to assign a second non-contiguous IP range to an interface? If so, how is this done? I don't think I can use the "secondary" command that is...

m-rosas by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello to all, I'm putting in a 501 for a customer and I thought I had the config installed correctly. All we are doing is connecting our dsl service (via pppoe) from SBC to the PIX. It's working fine with the Linxsys router in place.When I put the ...

stevem by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a pix 506 (ver 6.3) running PAT for internet access. I now need to create a VPN to a third party and need to NAT the source ip addresses. Is it possible to have separate NAT pool that is only used when the destination is the third party netwo...

Hi,Is it common if we map windows-machine to unix, e.g Solaris server, through PIX, the copying process from windows to the Unix is slow?The windows-machine is on the Internal (inside) network, while the unix server in the DMZ.Access from Inside to D...

Hello,We just set up a PIX to use in a very small data center. At this point we have two web servers that are behind the PIX, with static translations defined for both of them. All appears to be working and we can access the web servers as intended...

dlatvala by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,i have a PIX 520 running softwrae 5.1(4) , i have created a static translation in order to allow outside users access a server on port 443(HTTPS) .This was done with the following statements:-static(inside,outside) global_ip_address private_ip...

teltac by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

A customer has the following conf.Two sites connected with a VPN through internet .On site A there's a Win2k Server with terminal services. Users on Site B connect via RDP but after 10minutes ( even working ) the session is disconnected.Between the t...

scolombo by Cisco Employee
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,i have a pix firewall running 5.1(4) , equipped with three interfaces ( inside ,outside ,dmz).Two access lists have been created in order to let outside access inside andthey are ok :one on the outside interface ( direction in ) and another o...

teltac by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card