Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

--begin ciscomoderator note-- The following post has been edited to remove potentially confidential information. Please refrain from posting confidential information on the site to reduce security risks to your network. -- end ciscomoderator note -- ...

gordons by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

PIX 5156.2(2)Need help opening ports for video conf equip.Here are the instructions provided with the video equip with my comments indicated by ***:1. On the Firewall, open up: TCP ports 1720, 3230-3231; UDP ports 3230-3235***TCP port 1720 is already...

Hello I am using pix 515 version 6.2. Going through 'static' command, I understood that, alias command is no more required to do DNATing, rather same can be done with word 'dns' in static command. So, I removed all alises and did this as followi...

ejaj by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a web and DNS server inside the interface of my Cisco Pix Firewall. Both servers were map to an outside public address. Outside users could able to access our web server both via the domain-name and its equivalent ip address, but my inside use...

jmps7 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I tried taking a PIX 501 config, and installing it on a 506E, this did not work. I could not pass traffic in or out of the PIX (translation did not work). Should this be that case? The config works fine on the 501. Below is the config.Thanksnamei...

haigb by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,Here is the situation...The inside interface on our 515 FW ver 6.3(1) has IP address of 172.20.20.2. We have also a catalyst switch configured for two vlans, 172.20.20.x (vlan20) & 172.20.21.x (vlan21). The inside interface of the PIX is co...

mlabuguen by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Folks, If i mark a packet at the ingress of my router to precedence of 5, assuming that i have 5 other routers connected to my router in a straight line connected back to back. Will they with default configuration give priority to this packet ...

tpahuja by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a PIX 515 configured to an application service provider who host applications over a VPN connected back to my office.Does the PIX 515 allow for a 3rd ethernet interface to be added for an ISP which would then allow me to have 2 outbound routes...

j.khandia by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there a way to change the RIPv2 hold/update timers on a PIX 515E with 6.3.1? Because we can't use OSPF in our environment I'd like to get faster network convergence than with the default RIP timer values.Daniel Ruch

druch by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are configuring PIX515 ver6.3(1) using PDM3.0(1). When it comes to defining AccessRules using Groups in both Source and Destination fields having two or more members in the group, we noticed that duplicate rules appear when you expand the rule usi...

DNATA by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card