Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I can't seem to think of the best way to phrase this so please bear with me.If I put a fluke on a network it appears to show that 192.168.255.255 is the address the pix is using. There are two 515 with failover between them (if it makes a difference...

agoodwin by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When using the "fixup protocol SMTP 25" command you tell the PIX to just accept standard SMTP-commands.Now when many uses ESMTP, would it not be possible to integrate support for this in the pix (i.e fixup protocol ESMTP 25) ?Do anyone know if Cisco ...

thult by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What methods are people using to automatically backup PIX configs? I'm putting together a script to SSH to the PIX and issue a 'write net' to a predefined tftp server. However, this is difficult and there are some issues in doing this.What are othe...

dharp by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am in need of information pertaining setup of DMZ on PIX 515. Currently we have a Web Server on a single ethernet interface. We need to add a second web server in a DMZ. My question is: Do I have to install a second ethernet interface for the s...

gwalda by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have upgraded the PIX 525 from version 5.3(2) to version 6.2(2). The upgrade was successfull but I have noticed that the commandisakmp identity hostname was no longer in the config in 6.2(2). Correct me if I am wrong, I do not think the comman...

pokwan by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

After upgrading from 515 PIX to 515E PIX what would you recommend as the best tools available for testing the success of the installation on which the expected performance are better or a least the same as it was before the upgrade?

Can anyone tell me how this pix works with the 10 or 50 user limits? Does it learn the mac/ip address and only allow the first 10 through? If so then what is the time-out for the clients after they disconnect? and is there a way to change this?Can i...

agoodwin by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I'm trying to use two PIX 525s in a failover configuration. But failover box is always in the "failed" state. There's no problem with physical connections (both ethernet and failover ). I'm restarting the fdailover box, issuying "failover reset...

Hello,we use PIX firewall 6.2(1) in a two stage firewall environment.Inside firewall is the PIX, outside firewall is a RAPTOR, because internet and e-commerce is more and more important, we are planning to build up a secondary outside firewall for re...

Hello,I would like to know if there is any description of the IDS signatures on the PIX.I have looked at the dokumentation for PIX but there you have descriptions for all messages except the IDS.

maraz by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Sres. Help Line, ELs comento que nos ha llegado la siguiente consulta para la cual precisariamos una mano:El cliente ccuenta con un esquema de VPN con un Csico 3000 vpn concentrator. Esta analizando migrar a un pix par aprovechar sus funciones de FW ...

jtavil by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card