Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

One of our vendors is attempting to send print jobs through the PIX to one of our HP4000 printers (which is using a JetDirect card - IP only protocol used). The first series of reports prints fine, but when the computer on the other end sends the se...

rsmith by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have and old PIX and I am tring to find out what the model is. This box has a floppy drive in the front and 6 slots in the back . the power switch ,console failover,and power supply are in the back also.all that I can find to identify what it is ...

I tried to copy config of PIX 520 to tftp but got got failed message wilth unknown reason... wr net tftp:filename Regards Raza bhutta

Can anyone tell me what would cause this message to display when we reboot our PIX 515.WARNING: access-list protocol or port will not be usedThis is warning is displayed in the last line of the start up routine.Could a setting in the configuration be...

jgrosche by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Has anyone successfully used this? I had an idea to use it, in combination with global (inside) interface and a static statement to allow a router outside a firewall to pass RIPv2 md5 updates using neighbor statements to routers on the inside of the...

sandow by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have a PIX 515 pair and I configured PIX failover using the failover serial cable, and here is the status when I run the command SH FAILOVER on the PrimaryCable status: NormalReconnect timeout 0:00:00Poll frequency 15 secondsfailover replicati...

I have a PIX 515 that was never put into production. I want to get it curent before I start using it in the Lab. What do I need to get/do to it.Here is its Info:Cisco Secure PIX Firewall Version 5.3(1)Compiled on Tue 05-Dec-00 17:51 by morleeHardwa...

stownsend by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm in the process of converting from conduits to ACL and need some clarification on constraining outbound traffic. The situation is that inside zone hosts (highest security) are banned from certain DMZs (lower security).I have been using outbound d...

cyee by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What is the diferent on this PIX messages log..??%PIX-2-106001: Inbound TCP connection denied from IP_addr/port to IP_addr/port flags TCP_flags on interface int_nameAnd...%PIX-3-106010: Deny inbound tcp src outside: IP_addr dst inside: IP_addr (type ...

demarchip by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

greetingsCan i assign 3 non-contiguous class C addresses for one NATed statement?ex:Global (outside) 12 209.92.1.25-209.92.1.250 netmask 255.255.255.0Global (ouside) 12 209.93.1.25-209.92.1.250 netmask 255.255.255.0Global (ouside) 12 209.94.1.25-209....

jdonovan by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I would like to know if it is possible to configure the inside interface of pix 506 E with two addresses. One would serve for the LAN and the other would act as DMZ since the pix 506E has no DMZ port. Can this be done, is there a better way to d...

i 'm testing the auto-update feature with the following confauto-update device-id ipaddress insideauto-update poll-period 5 1 2auto-update server http://pc_adi/test-auto-update.txtand i get thisAuto Update failed to contact: http://pc_adi/test-auto-u...

a.diot by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi , I have a pix 501 , and i need to open 3 ports (80,21 and 25 ) to allow access people outside to my web , ftp and mail server.my outside interface is configured with ISP Dhcp and my inside interface have a fixed ip address like ( 10.10.10.1 )......

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card