Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Does anyone know if the PIX 501 supports a single external IP address for outbound traffic (i.e. NAT/PAT) and inbound traffic (i.e. FTP or DNS). I am trying to figure out if, with a single IP address, I can do both (since my cable modem provider is D...

prospero by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

-Does anybody know it is necessary to implement a PIX, before placing css 11000 in a web server environment? -What are the main differences of security between the CSS 11000 and PIX ?

1500967 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi! We are in the stages of installing a PIX firewall within our organization, but we are not currently using any private IP address (10.X.X.X, etc). There really isn't any quick way to convert over 1000+ machines over yet to a private scheme. Wha...

I have a PIX 520 in production. It also happens to be my only potential single point of failure. Because of this, I've been trying to convince my boss that I need another PIX for fail-over.He doesn't want to spend any more than he has to and has co...

Hello,bear with me on a question that many should know.I want to allow any access to tcp port 3782 from the outside to any inside.i have a PIX 501, would i use the command that follows?conduit permit tcp any eq 3782 anyThank you,Mark

mwudtke by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

There is a web site that users at my company need to access on port 7001. Do I have to add this port to my access-list and does it have to be before any deny statement? ieaccess-list user_access permit tcp any any eq 7001Thanks

bwinslow by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi..I have designed to buy a PIX-515 UR bundle and FO bundle. I will also buy a 3 DES VPN license for UR bundle. Do I also need to buy one more 3 DES license for the FO bundle ?? or can I share the same license for the UR and FO bundle ?? Alan

ayue by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My company has a main office and 4 branch sites. Currently we have 1 T1 connection to the Internet at corporate, and DSL connections at the branches. We are intending to upgrade the DSL connections to T1's and add VPN networking to each site using P...

mgeneral by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to put a Citrix terminal server on my dmz that from there will have access to a MSSQL database on the inside network. My question is why is this neccessary? Is not this the same as putting the Citrix on the inside network and just setting up...

jangeja by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I am having a network in which we have 6 vlans (created on a Cisco Cat4006 switch). We r using PIX 525 (version 6.0(1))to forward between these 6 segments using NAT 0. I have my Primary LDAP (directory server) on one segment and a Secondary LD...

v-pandey by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I installed a pix 506 to protect a single server inside a network the network is divided into 2 nets:the 1st net has an IP adress of 131.107.0.0/24the second network has an ip of 10.3.1.0 255.255.255.248the pix is protecting ip 10.3.1.3 255.255.255.2...

fellis20 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card