Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

what is the proper placement of pix considering im natting all my internal web servers, and the arrow point want to see the public address on the outside interface, where do i place my pix as to avoid problems and avoid haveing to add a million rules...

rondo01 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Has anyone run a project like this ? My concern iswhat needs to be done on the server hosting ms -proxy.right now, a station not in the NT domain gets throughthe pix, but those folks that log on to the domain fail.

millerv by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've configured my PIX to allow H.323 traffic. After read the reference from Netmeeting, I understanded that I have to allow secondary dynamic TCP port traffic after H.323 port is connected so I used "Establish" command to do so. Then I found the n...

j.joe by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an ISP that will only give out one ip address per MAC address. I am using PAT for outbound traffic but need to add a static mapping for incomming SMTP traffic. The static map command will not let you use an address in the PAT pool. Any ideas o...

jlentz by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there a way to prevent a user from logging out when using virtual telnet? I've setup virtual telnet so that users who are behind a proxy server with their ISP can authenticate. Otherwise the PIX sees their proxied address as their source address a...

rikv by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

PIX 520 Version 4.2(3). I would like to have anyone on the inside establish a Microsoft PPTP client based VPN connection to outside devices through the firewall. What configuration commands are required? Thanks. Don Williams

I have a PIX 506 that is blocking MS Terminal Services which uses port 3389 tcp/udp. Whenever I apply the conduit or access-list statements to allow full access using these ports, they are still being filtered by the PIX even after the clear xlate c...

brody by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have two pix conneting to ISP. I do not have NAT configured so I am using public address for my servers. Network is redundant per se.Problem is when user trying to access a web site on a server that is behind the PIX 2, incoming traffic is...

chetona by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have tried to set up a PIX 515 UR with DCHP client on outside (ip address outside dhcp setroute) and a DHCP server on the inside without success.Is DHCP support limited to PIX 506 ?I found this on CCO:DHCP ClientDHCP client support within the PIX F...

lunestadr by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Example TopologyInside - 10.0.0.1DMZ - 192.168.0.1Outside - 216.x.x.xI have a web server sitting on the dmz. I added a global statement which I understand allows all inside clients start connections to the dmz and outside interfaces. I can access o...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card