Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

Dear All,I. ONS 15454 DWDM: 1. AD-2C Module - 1546 TX,RX - 1546 TX,RX - EXP TX,RX - COM TX,RX2. OSCM Module - TX,RX.3. OPT-PRE - MON TX,RX - COM TX,RX - DC TX,RX .4. OPT-BST - MON TX,RX - COM TX,RX - OSC TX,RX - LINE TX,RX.5. TCC2P Active and Standb...

Hi, I'm trying to connect this GBIC to 6km, with SMF, as you can see here:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7200/install_and_upgrade/gbic_sfp_modules_install/5067g.html#wp29002SMF (Core Size) Micro says 9/10, I only found one fiber that cover ...

lveraza by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 8 ports STM card installed in my ONS 15454, a customer want to connect central site to 3 remote sites. The connection between the customer and us is on optical STM1 connecting to port 1 on ONS. The three other sites will share this STM1 in thi...

defash by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to connect two MDS SANs switches over dark fiber at a distance of approximately 15 miles (25km). The Long Reach SFPs are rated to 10km. Would I be able to use the CWDM-MUX8A to extend this distance? I'm thinking the answer is no since it is a ...

kbyrd by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Top Solution Authors

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card