Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

I need to connect two MDS SANs switches over dark fiber at a distance of approximately 15 miles (25km). The Long Reach SFPs are rated to 10km. Would I be able to use the CWDM-MUX8A to extend this distance? I'm thinking the answer is no since it is a ...

kbyrd by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need some help on a fiber design project. I have fiber coming in from an ISP and need to put out a fiber backbone to connect to more thatn 30 locations. I need help with how you think about going about the way to do this, what i should do in the MD...

All,I just insert WS-X6582-2PA with 1 PA-POS-2OC3 and 1 PA-MC-8TE1 on Catalyst 6506. IOS version for the catalyst is 12.2(18)SXD5There is no error message, but alarm led for PA-POS-2OC3 is orange.Is it correct behavior of PA-POS-2OC3 or there is an e...

iwanc by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hey all,seems like a noob question but takes a long time with no answer ..., anyone knows where i can see the optic parameters of a SFP / GBIC on a cisco 6500 or 7200? i want to check Gain, loss, attenuation and other factors regarding optical interf...

Hi,i have 3 sites connecting together with SDH 15454 site A-B with STM-1 and from site B-C STM-16,i want to Aggregated hand-off E1's from Site A-C so site B will be trasparet site for this link.to be source of link on site A and Drop on site C.any ...