Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Don't miss this Cisco Catalyst 8000 offer

Forum Posts

When creating a STS circuit would be a good practice to always create an STS-V circuit? It seems like that would give you added flexibility in the future if you want to increase the capacity. Is there a downside to creating an STS-v versus STS?

craig.eve by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello there. does anybody know if 12012 router can proceed about 1 Gb/s traffic peering BGP to 2 another AS? what card are suitable for 12012 router this 2 bgp connection? could it perform also to 10Gb/s for future bandwidth upstream upgrade? anyway ...

jemekeren by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, We are trying to install the optical multirate card (MRC 2.5Gig) on ONS 15454 and found the card comming up on standby state instead of active. The version running on the sonet box is 8.5.0 ...The MRC card port 1 is installed with the OC3 SF...

Hi,I hope this is the right place for my question.We need to setup an office with complete wireless network. I just want to know what devices are good if we want to limit the wireless to some particular range. I mean that we do not want our devices t...

Hi,We are planning to use ONS with EMC in order for replicating disk storage asynchronously to a remote location. Estimated bandwidth requirement is 240Mbps and I think that this can be possible by using 2xOC3 link from our telco provider. Is there a...

ttuncaral by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to bring up a POS interface with the provider. My side is a 7200. The interface is currently up/down. When the provider put a loop facing me. I could ping my interface with no errors. Any thoughts? What questions can I ask the provider to ...

jdeisenm by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes