Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

I want to understand the capability of this Ethernet Switch.I particular,1.Does this switch have 24 Ethernet connectors?2. What does the "TL" mean?3.What does the +4SFP mean?4.Does this switch have a patch panel installed which allow the connections ...

Hello,i can see this error MSG on my box   what is meaning ? as i remember we have fiber cut at that time  is it related to Fiber cut ?  LC/0/7/CPU0:Aug 9 08:52:16.328 GMT: spa_xge_v2(1)[346]: %L2-OPTICS-2-ETHER_XCVR_CODE : Ether xcvr code is 0x40000...

Muradazz by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi new to the forums, I recently purchased a Cisco Catalyst 3570G. all of the Ethernet ports have been enabled successfully. however i cannot seem to find the correct commands to enable the SFP ports for full duplex. SFP port 49: from routerSFP port ...

Hello! This one is regarding an M6 shelf. In the network connectivity diagram attached, the SMR2-C-A does not have a connection with a TNC Card to its OSC-TX and OSC-RX, will it work? How can I enable the LINE-TX port of the SMR2-C-A so that it will ...

Our datacenter recently made a purchase order for several Catalyst 9300's with C9300-NM-2Y network modules, along with N9K-C93180YC-FX's to serve as spine switches.  After deploying two 93180's (peer-linked in HA) and several 9300's with 10g SFP's, I...