Optics and Optical Networking

Engage with peer and Cisco experts about pluggable optics (Optics) and optical transport networks (Optical Networking).
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Learn how to make your network more efficient when you transition to Routed Optical Network.

Forum Posts

Was wondering if anybody out there would be able to help me out with an error that we are getting on our Cisco 15454 platform. We are trying to manually build a circuit with protection but everytime we do it errors out with the error "EID-2330 An err...

thermel31 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, Could someone clarify about the use of FO splitter in Cisco switching environment, I have a requirement that i will be running 2 core FO cable from Core switch location to access building (60 buildings). Each access building has 6 edge switch...

I'm looking for clarification for the NCS DC PMs. I understand the matrix for redundancy configuration i.e 1+1, 2+0, etc. and it clearly states that any combination of PMs can be used. But I'm confused about the matrix  for power module settings as s...

Screenshot 2018-08-06 21.21.19.png
WDL by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Questions on WDM topic.... please help to answer these questions. Post any answer and please mention question no before answering. How to determine aggregate output power of a WDM?Spectral width wavelength to frequency conversion.What is Red band a...

kamlinder by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes