cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 CRS server on Same Network Using one CCM

rfateh
Level 1
Level 1

Can I do this, so I can balance my Calls Between them?

Right now I have 5000 inbound calls and I can see one CRS server can’t handle this much

So I want to install 2 CRS server and balance the load between them

Is this doable?

7 Replies 7

Not applicable

venkasub
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

As far as load balancing between two CRS Servers, you could send all calls to CRS 1, then check the sessionid for odd or even, If even, accept the call, if odd redirect it to CRS 2. This would allow you to send every other call to the ivr to the other one.

Following are the key points for pointing multiple CRS servers per CallManager Cluster:

Each CRS must have their own configuration profiles.

Both can share repository profiles if desired.

Each has to have it's own Jtapi,RmJtapi users, Route Points and CTI Ports.

Regards

Venkat

thanx Venkat

this looks a great help .

but how can i check the session id , Is there a Something in CRA editor , if so whats the name of it

regards

I have Installed Another CRA Server on nemtwork but the problem is JTAPI subSystem does not come IN SERVICE and it,s OUT OF SERVICE

i checked the connectivity also the username and password

here is log

Login Str: 172.16.0.200;login=jtapisub;passwd=****;appinfo=Cisco IP IVR

225: Sep 20 00:15:47.031 IRST %MIVR-SS_TEL-6-CTIPORT_RECOV_THR_START:Starting CTI Port Recovery Thread: Recovery Thread id=CTIPortRecovery-0

226: Sep 20 00:15:47.453 IRST %MIVR-SS_TEL-1-SS_OUT_OF_SERVICE:JTAPI subsystem in out of service: Failure reason=A number of route points are OOS - all routes; A number of CTI ports are OOS - all ports

227: Sep 20 00:15:47.671 IRST %MIVR-SS_TEL-7-UNK:Number of CTI ports = 0

i Have CCM 3.3.(3) and CRS 3.1(1)

Do you have two JTAPI Users? You must have one JTAPI user for each CRS server. You then associate all CTI Ports and Route Points to the respective JTAPI user.

Hi,

As said in the previous email threads, You need to have different configuration profile meaning different set of Jtapiuser, RMCM user, CTIPorts and CTIRoutePoints.

1. Check the "Application Host Engine"(appadmin -> System -> Engine -> Engine Configuration) in CRA server2 points to the IPAddress of CRA server2. If it is pointing to CRA Server 1 it means that you have used the same configuration profile in CRA server2. Change the Configuration profile in CRA Server2 and restart the engine.

Also Check the following...

1. Check if the CTIPorts and routepoints configured for the second CRA server are associated to the corresponding jtapi user.

2. Check if the jtapi user is CTI Enabled.

3. Check if the CTIPort groups of second CRS server are pointing to the correct set of CTIPorts.

Regards

Yogi

Hi,

Procedure for extracting sessionID value is as follows

1. Configure a new session type variable, say Session_Info.

2. Configure a new long variable, say Session_ID.

3. Use "Get Contact Info" step to retrive the information of current session. Set the properties of the same as follows.

Session : Session_Info.

4. Use "Get Session Info" step to retrive the value of SessionID. Set the properties of the same as follows

Session : Session_Info

Identifier : Session_ID.

5. The long variable Session_ID contains the value of sessionID. Check if this value is even or odd number.

Flow appears as follows...

--->Start

--->Get Contact Info

--->Get Session Info

--->Other Steps...

Regards

Yogi