cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

attendant console 4.0 Initialization of Call Control Failed. Retrying...

jerrycourt
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a Fix or issues for CM 4.0 for this issues When logging into the attendant console in CallManager, users receive this error message: Initialization of Call Control Failed. Retrying...

The fix in 3.0 is Call Park retreival allowed should be checked but in our instance it is checked on 4.0 and we still revieve the error.

10 Replies 10

scott.searle
Level 1
Level 1

Have you verified that the phone is associated to the 'ac' user?

milay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you configured the AC user, configued the password & associated all of the phones to the AC user? Also is the TCD service running on the CCM that you are pointing the client to?

Here is a troublshooting doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a00801eaf91.html#47838

Mike Lay

asarkany
Level 1
Level 1

Please check also the dns settings at your dns-server. (Callmanager IP-address names)

We had severall issues in the past, that this settings also have impact on this.

Also check the ac log on client side

I tried all recommendation in the forum related AC to fix the error "Initialization of Call Control Failed, Retrying...", but no luck.

CCM version is 4.0(2)sr1. Eventually problem was killed by restarting both "TCD" and "Cisco CTI Manager" service on Publisher, which is the operation phone is registering with.

The fix is that you use password "12345" for the users that you creat in the global directory

ldemanet
Level 1
Level 1

I got that problem with the same version and in my case, it was a problem with the 12345 password being or not being encrypted in the ac properties config file on the callmanager. The log therefore showed an authentication problem for the ac user, even though the password 12345 was correctly configured in the CCM.

How can you change the encryption for the password?

before CM4 you needed to manually edit a file to set the password for the service:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2351/products_qanda_item09186a00800b0a20.shtml#qa6

In CM 4.0 and above there is an acconfig.bat file that is located in the C:\Program Files\Cisco\CallManagerAttendant\bin directory on the CM server - you need to run this to set the password on each server running the TCD.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Also, if you upgraded, did you reinstall the AC client on the end users machine?

I haven't tested it out, but according to documentation you still need to run your new password through acenc.exe (located in same directory) before pasting it into the acconfig.bat password field. So, it's easier in that you don't have to manually modify the ACServer.properties file, but I believe you still need to generate the encrypted value.

Please chime in here if I'm wrong on this.

Don