cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call forwarding to t-mobile cell

robertpmajewski
Level 1
Level 1

I am using an MGCP gateway with a PRI. The users can forward their phone off site fine with the exception of T-Mobile cellular calls. If they attempt this, they caller just gets a fast busy. Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks

13 Replies 13

Can they dial T-Mobile cells direct? Or is this just a fwd issue?

No problem dialing...only fwding.

Do a DEBUG ISDN Q931 on the PRI gateway and see what digits are going out (i.e. the called #).

All looks well on the debug....I can see the proper digits being dialer, the call seems to proceed then disconnects. I assume it is something in the set-up message that the Cell carrier does not agree with.

I have the same problem. You can call t-mobile number but call forward all does not work. I would appreciate any ideas

Thanks

tvoigt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

Check the T.310 timer in CCM and/or your PBX!

We've had the same problem here. We've got an error message like "... on timer expiry" at the gateway.

The cause is, that at calls to a mobile network the CALL_PROC/RING message comes too late (after the timer is expired). Times from 8 to 10 seconds between SETUP and CALL_PROC/RING are usual.

Greets

Thomas

MARTIN STREULE
Spotlight
Spotlight

We had a similar issue, but a different setup (H323).

In our case it turned out to be the IOS...

We encountered this problem with IOS 12.3(4)T.

After an upgrade to 12.3(8)T (or downgrade to 12.2(15)T) it worked....

/Martin

tvanblon
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem with a 323 gateway and the problem was checkbox on the gateway page "REDIRECTING IE OUTBOUND" had to be unchecked.

FIXED. Although it was an MGCP, the IE OUTBOUND field was checked. I unchecked and worked fine. THANKS

OK, I have the same problem, but with CallManager Express. Any ideas on the fix with CME 3.2?

Tom,

Did you resolve this problem? We also have CME and having this issue with calls being forwarded to a international number. Tried 12.3.7T4 and 12.3.11T3 and several commands to try to get it fixed (progress indicator combinations, isdn t310 timers, disabling outbound redirecting ie, etc). It sometimes works but the call proc/alert from carrier comes in at just about 10 seconds and we Receive disconnect on timer expiry most of the time but some times calls go through fine.

Again, this is for a inbound call on PRI that hits CME ephone which is call-forward all'd to a international number at night. They can call the international number fine from a IP phone, just the hairpinned inbound/outbound has issues.

I have the same issue, but I am running IOS

(C2800NM-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(24)T2, I am running Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.1.2

Also I unchecked outbound redirecting ie and still nothing. On 10 seconds and we Receive disconnect on timer expiry every time.

Any other Ideas ?

8 years old thread.

You should open a new thread in "IP telephony" with the full information and relevant traces.