cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forwarding with office number

Michael Durham
Level 4
Level 4

In this day and age of fake car warranty calls, no one wants to answer their personal phone when they do not recognize the calling number.  But in our business, we need to forward office calls to personal cell phones and calls are getting missed.

You would think it would be easy to just show the office number as the caller-id and not the person calling the office.... but nope.  Not so easy.

In fact, I do not know how to do it.  I did read that you need to use a pair of ephone-dns with loopback-dns configured.  The documentation that I can find on the internet is scarce and vague. Any help of other idea would be of great help.

We are running CME 12.0 and here is what I tried:

ephone-dn 5
number 13865551234 no-reg both
label Down South Arts
description Down South Arts
name DownSouthArts
loopback-dn 6 auto-con
caller-id local
corlist incoming Keyring-National
no huntstop

ephone-dn 6
number 1199
des DSA Forwarding
name DownSouthArts
call-forward all 9045551212
call-forward busy 5000
call-forward noan 5000 timeout 25
loopback-dn 5 auto-con
caller-id local
no huntstop

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Durham
Level 4
Level 4

I finally figured out a solution to this issue and it does NOT include loopback-dn's to be configured.  

First, create you ephone-dn as normal with your call-forwarding number

ephone-dn 5 octal
label DSA 
description DSA
name DSA
call-forward all 13865559876
call-forward busy 5000

Then create a translation rule and profile

voice translation-rule 8
rule 1 /.........../ /13865551234/
voice translation-profile DSA_CLID
translate calling 8

Finally, create a very specific dial-peer as follows

dial-peer voice 205 voip
translation-profile outgoing DSA_CLID
preference 1
destination-pattern 13865559876
session protocol sipv2
session target sip-server
voice-class codec 1
voice-class sip profiles 1
dtmf-relay rtp-nte

That is it.  Very clean and simple.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

what i understood is you are trying to display the Office number instead of callers mobile number when forwarding calls on CME, is it correct?

Response Signature

Yes.

Caller caller-id (3055551234) calls our office number (3865555678) this call gets forwarded to my cell number (3525550000) and I need the number shown as incoming caller-id on my cell phone as 3865555678 (office number)  and not 3055551234 (original caller-id) as it does now.

Don’t think that you would be able to accomplish this with any out of the box solution and may I point out that if you would you will loose the possibility to call back to whomever called as you would loose the original calling number.

Response Signature

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

I think I have possibly understood this requirement slightly differently, but please do correct me if I am wrong.

From what I have understood, the requirement Michael has is something that should work without intervention, although I can appreciate that's down to ITSP configuration. In my experience, customers tend to want it to operate the way in which it does in Michael's setup!

I would agree that you possibly don't want to change this as you would lose the ability to call the originating caller back. If you do want to change it though, you may consider implementing voice translation rules on your CME so that outgoing calls are displaying proper caller ID, whether that's their DDI or the main billing number. But again, if you miss the call you can't call the originator back, so you would be in the same situation.

Michael Durham
Level 4
Level 4

I finally figured out a solution to this issue and it does NOT include loopback-dn's to be configured.  

First, create you ephone-dn as normal with your call-forwarding number

ephone-dn 5 octal
label DSA 
description DSA
name DSA
call-forward all 13865559876
call-forward busy 5000

Then create a translation rule and profile

voice translation-rule 8
rule 1 /.........../ /13865551234/
voice translation-profile DSA_CLID
translate calling 8

Finally, create a very specific dial-peer as follows

dial-peer voice 205 voip
translation-profile outgoing DSA_CLID
preference 1
destination-pattern 13865559876
session protocol sipv2
session target sip-server
voice-class codec 1
voice-class sip profiles 1
dtmf-relay rtp-nte

That is it.  Very clean and simple.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: