cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I press any key to exit IP Phone idle display?

jhindmarsh
Level 1
Level 1

Our company deployed a good application to dynamically display data on the idle screen of everyones phone. Now, the users a complaining that they have to press the "Exit" softkey to dial a phone number.

Is there anything I can embed into the pages to disable the keypad so the idle screen will disappear when any key is pressed?

4 Replies 4

ygonzales
Level 1
Level 1

We are running into this same issue. I have been trying to find out how to change the background image, but no luck. Let me know if you get an answer or figure anything out.

Unfortunatelly without goning off-hook you have to press the Exit softkey button everytime to start dialing. You can train your users to use speaker phone when they dial. As to the background you can change it on 7970-71 phones not 7940-60 without development.

aaronw.ca
Level 5
Level 5

I'm not sure if this helps, but perhaps you could try using the CiscoIPPhoneStatus element? It hovers over the call plane, and shouldn't interfere with call operations.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_reference_guide_chapter09186a0080406727.html#wp1033829

I'm not sure if you can use that in an idle url and have it run on the call pane rather than the services pane, but might be worth a shot (haven't tried this as an idle url yet, but got me thinking...)

I wouldn't have read anywhere that the idle URL would be constrained to use only certain CiscoIPPhone tags. However, the IPPhoneStatus element doesn't just disappear when you make a call.. it is covered by the content on the call plane when you're making a call, but it'll be back after the call. So depending on your use case, this might be just what you're looking for, or not at all what you're looking for (I kinda needed the exact reverse of that for an app but unfortunately there's nothing there).