Views
Helpful
Replies

CCMadmin Page Locks Up

abaulackey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

For some reason, we get random lock ups on our ccmadmin web page using IE 6. Sometimes it will lock up (this is a dialy occurance),and we'll have to force the browser closed, other times the page will just close. There is no specific task that does this. It's random.

Cisco callmanager System: 4.1(3)sr3a

Cisco Callmanager Administration Version: 4.1(0.11)

Cisco Callmanager installation ID: 4.1(3)sr3a

Could this be related to the Java version?

Thanks for your help

15 Replies 15

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Is it on the server itself or on a PC that you are using to try to access the web gui? I have usually seen that browser lock ups are due to JVM.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks for the reply

It's on a regular PC. Is there a specific version of Java that should be installed on the pc's?

Do you run win xp sp2 ? I have had same problem with 1.4 JRE. Download the latest JRE update from www.sun.com and that seems to fix the problem.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts~

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Hello

We are running SP2 on all machines, Java 1.5.0.06 which is the latest version.

Make sure when you get the hostname mismatch popup window, you do press a Yes button. so far I am not having any issues with the browser (unlike before).

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Hello

We do click yes, yet still it locks up, thanks

Can you verify if this is happening on another windows xp PC with latest JRE ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Yes four seperate pc's (admin pc's) with latest java.

I'm having the same issue, running same level of CCM. v4.1.3 with v4.1.3sr3a - Did you manage to correct issue or is it still ongoing.

Thanks

Garry

Restart the IIS Service. I would also Disable the Antivirus and look if it s work.

it is still unresolved, it crashes less with the newest version of Java installed on the CCM

Check for Errors in your EventViewer, copy paste the error here.

Hanging application IEXPLORE.EXE, version 6.0.2900.2180, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I see from the Call Manager Release 4.1(3)sr3b notes that this issue is fixed.