cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Call Manager Publisher IP Address

rudedm
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently implemented a DR Site and would like to put our CCM Publisher at that site. This would require us to change the ip address of the Publisher. Anyone know of any problems I may face when changing this IP address.

3 Replies 3

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

There are a number of issues you need to watch out for, but there's a handy list of steps here that should get you through all of them:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094601.shtml

thomas1
Level 2
Level 2

We had to change the IP address of our Publisher too. We had a couple of problems despite extensive planning on the front end. We forgot to change it in the "Configuration and Repository" section within the IVR. Also, the database replication broke which required the "DBHelper" utility. Expect the replication to break.

Be sure that DNS is updated with the new IP address. Some things in our setup look for the ip address and other stuff uses the server name. It's my own fault for not being consistent. :)

Something else to be aware of is making sure the routing and the vlans are correct. We had both the publisher and subscriber in the same vlan even though they are physically 15 miles apart (spanned vlan over a MAN connection). We created a new vlan for the Publisher (and other IPT servers) to end the spanning of the vlan (spanned vlans over a MAN is not the best practice). I believe our network guy had to setup the access lists to enable the routing over the MAN. I don't know routers yet, so I'm not 100% sure.

Do lots of planning on the front end and have a good test plan. You may want to have a backout plan too. There are so many places that reference the publisher's ip. Expect something to go wrong. We opened up a TAC case on the front end and I've attached the pdf they recommended. It helped.

Hopefully, others will share their experience on this thread.

Stu

jleon22
Level 1
Level 1

If your publisher is also your tftp server, be sure to modify your tftp config in the Service Parameters.