Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Codec Pro Downgrade

Currently, have a Codec Pro that is running (ce10.0.1.2.e54a985715f) which happened after a factory reset. I'm assuming this since it original had CE9.14.5.42D28D6C074. Is there any way to roll it back? I've been unsuccessful in doing so.

note: The reason for the factory reset is we run api code to change the system configuration when switching between classification. You must factory rest the system after the code is transmitted to the AMX Master to see if it works. We had were successful on other rooms. However, the room this codec is located is giving us trouble.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

First thing, i don't see any software for download  on portal ce10.0.1.2.e54a985715f is this the right version ?

1.PNG

If the CS kit pro is registered with CUCM, mentioned the firmware you need on the Device default page.

Note:- Make sure the firmware is available on CUCM.

1.PNG

Response Signature

View solution in original post

That system is not running CE firmware, it runs RoomOS. That would imply it's likely a cloud registered endpoint, or possibly it could be on-prem endpoint registered in CUCM that is enabled with Webex Edge for devices and has the new function released in January to be upgraded from the cloud enabled that @Nithin Eluvathingal mention.

Response Signature

I believe the hardware might have came with room os, not the CE software. 

Response Signature

16 Replies 16

First thing, i don't see any software for download  on portal ce10.0.1.2.e54a985715f is this the right version ?

1.PNG

If the CS kit pro is registered with CUCM, mentioned the firmware you need on the Device default page.

Note:- Make sure the firmware is available on CUCM.

1.PNG

Response Signature

Codec Software.jpgCodec.jpg

AFAIK There is no CE version for 10 anything yet, at least not released for public use. From what I know doing a factor reset on a video system would remove any configuration, but not do anything with the installed firmware version.

Response Signature

Codec Software.jpgCodec.jpg

The software version is Room OS (ce10.0.1.2.e54a985715f). I was surprised myself by this version. After research on the web, I found this on the Cisco web site. However, I still need to downgrade. Unfortunately, we don't use CUCM at our facility.

Unfortunately, this codec is on a government network. We don't use Webex Control Hub at the moment, don't know if this is plan for future operations. The only approved software upgrade was 9.14.5. I'm just trying to downgrade back to 9.14.5 if possible. If not then I will need to get this version approved for usage on the codec which is way above me and everyone in my building.

I've attempted to install yesterday numerous times but the downgrade fails every time. My co-worker also attempted to no success.

Share the the file details you tried for upgrade.

I hope this controlled by TMS, can you share the TMS version details. 

Response Signature

That system is not running CE firmware, it runs RoomOS. That would imply it's likely a cloud registered endpoint, or possibly it could be on-prem endpoint registered in CUCM that is enabled with Webex Edge for devices and has the new function released in January to be upgraded from the cloud enabled that @Nithin Eluvathingal mention.

Response Signature

Thanks. I understand it's not ce software. Again, I don't understand how it got to this state. We don't use the cloud to register our endpoint or CUCM. We are in the process of updating our back end, which will occur in March. CMS is to be implement. Thanks for all the help. 

I believe the hardware might have came with room os, not the CE software. 

Response Signature

I think your are correct my Nithin. We have are getting a replacement from CISCO. Thanks for your help.

I was able to downgrade the unit today back to 9.14.5. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: