Helpful
Replies

Company Logo on Idle Phone- ANSWER

gshonting
Level 1
Level 1

I am so tired of seeing this popup over and over- here are the directions

1. Convert your logo to a CIP image

2. Create a simple xml page containg the CIP image, using the CiscoIPPhoneImage XML object- like below-

3. Save the file as idle.asp or whatever you like. Put it on a webserver (can be CM) Create a url for it http://<ipaddress>/idle/idle.asp

4. Configure the idle url (from above) in enterprise parameters or at each individual phone

If you need info on the xml or cip images, download the ip service SDK here- (cco login required)

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/dev_support/access_level/products.cgi?product=IP_PHONE_SERV

Or just buy the book Developing Cisco IP phone Services from ciscopress here-

http://www.ciscopress.com/catalog/product.asp?product_id={C44DC455-B95D-421D-BF88-16C4A61CC6C9}

(the book even comes with a call manager simulator for testing services on a real phone without CM)

Example-----

<%@ Language=JavaScript %>

<% "

var serverIP;

serverIP = Request.ServerVariables("LOCAL_ADDR");

Response.ContentType = "text/xml";

Response.Buffer = true;

Response.Write("<CiscoIPPhoneImage>\r\n<LocationX>-1</LocationX>\r\n<LocationY>-1</LocationY>\r\n<Width>133</Width>\r\n<Height>64</Height>\r\n<Depth>2</Depth>\r\n<Data>CIP IMAGE DATA</Data>\r\n<Prompt>Cisco Corporate Logo</Prompt></CiscoIPPhoneImage>\r\n");

Response.Flush();

%>

23 Replies 23

benhanson
Level 1
Level 1

First off, with the volume of replies to one of the last post on this topic(218 replies), someone at cisco should update the FAQ with the Services SDK to note that the Idle url cannot point directly to a .cip image. For someone who doesn't do html/asp/js/etc programming, it was counterintuitive for me to need to pull the data out of the .cip file and provide it to the phone using an .asp page. The Services SDK is what piqued my interest about the Idle setting in the first place, but it only got me as far as the .cip image conversion, not the use of asp to deliver it.

dweiner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would caution against serving any "custom" pages off a production CallManager server. If they work everything is fine. If they cause IIS grief then they affect your telephony system. It's best to use a separate web server.

rowind
Level 1
Level 1

I still doesn't work:

- Do I have to put the cip-file name on the place where is now: CIP IMAGE DATA?

- Do I have to fill in a ip-adress where now is LOCAL_ADDR?

Thanx,

Rob Wind

In the code above, if you open the file that you create using the gif2cip.exe utility with a text editor, you will see the data that begins after . That is the data you put where he put CIP IMAGE DATA.

You do not need to hard code in the LOCAL_ADDR.

On a side note, you note need to do this asp. If you run the gif2cip.exe it will create an XML file, you can use this instead with no modifications.

Rick

IIt is probably a tiny thing, but I can't fix it.

- I convert a gif-file to a cip-file

- I copy the characters from this CIP file between and to the asp file (also between the DATA)

- I make an url to this location

- Still doens't work

???

PS RIck I didn't understand your last remark about the XML-file.

asp-file:

<%@ Language=JavaScript %>

<%

var serverIP;

serverIP = Request.ServerVariables("LOCAL_ADDR");

Response.ContentType = "text/xml";

Response.Buffer = true;

Response.Write("\r\n-1\r\n-

1\r\n133\r\n64\r\n2\r\n000000000000000... etcetera ...

\r\nCisco Corporate Logo\r\n");

Response.Flush();

%>

Rob

If you open the file that gets created when you run gif2cip.exe, it is actually an XML file (text). You can simply put this in the root of your web server and point to it instead of dealing with the .asp page above.

BTW, the file also contains the size of your image between the and parameters. You might verify that you have the correct parameters in your .asp page if you choose to use it.

Rick

Thanx, it works,

Rob

Not applicable

You can just rename your image from imagename.cip to imagename.xml and it will all work fine...

Hi I need your help, I do everything that you tell in this issue but my logo never appear Can somebody help me with this ??

Regards

Alternate method:

1. Convert your company's logo (max of 131 by 65) to a cip image by using the gif2cip.exe file found in the SDK (http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/dev_support/access_level/products.cgi?product=IP_PHONE_SERV#software)

2. The format for that command is gif2cip

3. The new file is an xml file.

4. Put that file in the root of your web server.

5. Point the idle url in CallManager to http://

/

6. Change the idle timer.

7. Save

8. Reboot phone.

Rick

Hi I have already done this, with the gif2cip tool I generate a file logo.asp, the I put in my server and in the callmanager I put the location in the IDLE URL, but I don't know what number to put in IDLE time, wnen I change the value to 1 online a line appear, If I generate a .cip file I can view with the cisco image view.. Thanks for your attention, Regards

Check the size of your image:

I think the max is Width=107 and Height=65.

Hi Rick,

May I ask a question? Can I know what is the path for the root that you mentioned in the step 4? Thanks.

Regards

oay

notcreative
Level 1
Level 1

Every logo I try looks like hell. Would someone mind emailing me their CIP file for me to see how well it looks?

Thanks!