cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE, modify REGISTER Via address

Ahochau
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to register a SIP trunk with Lumen and the CUBE is behind a firewall and thus the register packet is showing as sourced from a private address and Lumen is rejecting the registration.  How do I modify the Via address in the registration header?  I was able to change it on the outbound calls with a SIP Profile, but I don't see how to apply the profile to the sip-ua.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Recommend you to use a tenant configuration instead of doing it on the sip-ua. With that you have much more options at hand.

Response Signature

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I think the answer your looking for is in this link here, specifically the Outbound Layer 7 Fixup section:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/ip-telephony-voice-over-ip-voip/211306-In-Depth-Explanation-of-Cisco-IOS-and-IO.html#anc45

I had a SIP REGISTER message handy for whatever reason and put it into the SIP-Profile Test Tool using the example in the document and it modified the REGISTER Via and the Contact addresses successfully.

Can you try that please?

Hi,

You can apply the sip-profiles either through the voice-class tenant or you can apply it globally under voice class voice -> under sip. This will be global, and the REGISTER message will take this profile. But the best approach is to go with tenant configuration as @Roger Kallberg said you have more options.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: