cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Direc dialing issue from "missed calls" menu on IP Phones

nkariyawasam
Level 1
Level 1

I have CCM 4.1 installation. It is connected to the PSTN via ISDN PRI link.

All the extensions have been assigned 4 digit extension number. All incoming and outgoing dail works perfectly.

Users complain that when they see the "missed calls" option from any IP phone, and there is "dial" softkey where they can initiate dial to the originating number where the missed call came from.

But sooner when they press the "dial" soft key, the system dials only the first 4 digits of the external phone numnber and call does not proceed because this partial number is invalid.

What could be the problem here ?

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It fails because it does not match the dialed number, you need to prepand 91, granted 9 is your outbound prefix to the missed calls menu. To accomplish this globaly in CallManager go to Service->Service Parameters->CallManager Service click Advanced button, look for "National Number Prefix" field and enter "91" in the field, save it. Do the same for each CCM in your cluster.

Chris

Don't forget to rate all posts!

Actually I am not using any number as outbound prefix. Users can just dial any external number without any prefix.

For example our external local numbers start with digit "2" and has 7 digit length. So I am having a route pattern "[2]XXXXXX" for outgoing local calls.

The problem can be illustrated sa follows;(example)

1. user sees a missed call from 2561636 (external) number.

2. Then he press "dial" softkey

3. System dials only "2561" ( only 4 digits) but not the rest. Therefore call fails.

(user can always manually dial the same number without any failure to establish the call.)