Views
Helpful
Replies

Free SFTP Software for CUCM Backup

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

May I know what is the SFTP software that you use on your deployment to backup the CUCM configuration? Thank you.

18 Replies 18

Thank Roger, I see what you mean and checking now...

Use winscp and try to login to the SFTP server you build with the credentials configured. if this it not working you must check Solar winds  SFTP configurations.

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,
It does work but I can't access folders, only root folder "test" that was created.
I use / in my SolarWinds path name and not the first time I'm setting this up so it's doing my head in.
Could this be a permission issue on this SFTP server?

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Back in days, Freeftpd had the 1GB file size restrictions. But was fixed. Now a days Cisco don't test and recommend any third-party SFTPs. It's up to you which one to use. 

PCD is the only SFTP Cisco internally tested. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/12_5_1/admin/cucm_b_administration-guide-1251/cucm_b_administration-guide-1251_chapter_01010.html#reference_B453D11857C229177467D086484CA0DA

SFTP Server Support

Use the information in the following table to determine which SFTP server solution to use in your system.

Table 7. SFTP Server InformationSFTP ServerInformation

SFTP Server on Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment

This server is the only SFTP server that is provided and tested by Cisco, and fully supported by Cisco TAC.

Version compatibility depends on your version of Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment. See the Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment Administration Guide before you upgrade its version (SFTP) or Unified Communications Manager to ensure that the versions are compatible.

SFTP Server from a Technology Partner

These servers are third party provided and third party tested. Version compatibility depends on the third party test. See the Technology Partner page if you upgrade their SFTP product and/or upgrade Unified Communications Manager for which versions are compatible:

https://marketplace.cisco.com

SFTP Server from another Third Party

These servers are third party provided and are not officially supported by Cisco TAC.

Version compatibility is on a best effort basis to establish compatible SFTP versions and Unified Communications Manager versions.

Note These products have not been tested by Cisco and we cannot guarantee functionality. Cisco TAC does not support these products. For a fully tested and supported SFTP solution, use Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment or a Technology Partner.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution"***