cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meridian Opt. 81 Release 22 to CCM Integration

awolfe
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon. We are experiencing issues with our integration or our Option 81. Currently the area of problems relates to our link between the 81 and a 3745 gateway. We were using DMS 100 as the protocol. Essentially the trunks between the two work and then all B channels go into lockout between the two. Given that the Meridian is on Rel. 22, and everything I have read has discussed using Rel. 25. Has anyone out there used pre-25 release and integrated it with call manager?

5 Replies 5

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

Been there done that, and had the same issues with DMS100 protocol.

Our solution was to move all PSTN PRIs to the Call Manager gateways, and use NI protocol to the 81C. NI is rock solid, but the Nortel always sees this as the PSTN, and won't allow calls to tandem through from one NI span to another. With our setup outbound calls from the 81C tandemed through the Cisco to the PSTN.

The downside to this approach is that you need enough Cisco gateways to handle both PSTN and the PBX.

On your 81, what release of software were you using? I am not sure if NI2 will be fully supported on our release. Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate it.

We were on release 22 if memory serves. Ours was a migration, and the PBXs are now just a big open space on the floor :-)

You big lucky hehehe. Thanks for the help. We are diving into the problem now, Thanks for your input.

I am experiencing a different problem but related to lower version of a Meridian.

I am currently using 4ess with CCM behind the PBX using tie lines. Can't use trunks because the Nortel is blocking DID to DID trunk transfers. With 4ess I can do everything except for passing the Calling and Called name back and forth. If I swung the PRI's to the CCM side and placed the PBX behind the CCM's would be able to get everything to work. (I know this is very general but I am just searching for some answers)