cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicast MOH Across WAN

g.weiner
Level 1
Level 1

I setup Multicast MOH on the Lan with a Multicast source, server and group. The music works locally but not across the wan. I setup IP Pim Sparse-Dense-Mode on all interfaces on both routers (Local and Remote) and I setup ip Multicast Routing on both routers.

Any Ideas

6 Replies 6

mschuh
Level 1
Level 1

We are not using SRST as a multicast source. We're using the Call Manager across the WAN.

Thanks

Greg

Greg,

this is a wild shot, but try disabling igmp snooping for the voice vlans. I've seen this help before.Also, can you ping the multicast ip address from the remote vlan? How is your multicast routing table looking when you ping?

Regards,

Dragi

Greg,

I don't know if you figured it out already but here's a suggestion. You probably encode your call over the WAN for G.729. By default Callmanager doesn't support G.729 for MOH. Go to service parameters and pick the Audio Translator option and click (using the key) on all off the codecs you are using in your environment. This will enable your MOH over the WAN. Be carefull though, enabling this, triggers the audio tranlator to create new files. This takes 100% CPU and therefore, don't do it during live hours as you will be losing your call control temporarily.

Ciao,

Steven

One other thing, do the remote users hear tone on hold (implying the CM knows he can not play what they are asking for), or just silence - indicating CM thinks he is sending them what they want?

Mary Beth

All good advice - also one silly mistake I like to make as often as I can is to not set an appropriate TTL on the MoH packets.

From the MoH server config there is a box entitled something like TTL or max hops, you need this set to a value that will get it past however many hops there are to your WAN sites.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!