Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Forum Posts

I am testing a PIX before it goes into production network. Maybe i am making a very stupid mistake but i am having troublke in applying an Access list to outside interface. Here is the partial config+++++++++++++++++++++++++++nameif ethernet0 outside...

mnlatif by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,I heard from our Cisco Sales account, that a software to manage several VPN3000s from one central location will be released soon by Cisco. Does anyone heard such software like that ?Best Regards,Engel

e.l by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi!we have a network with around 150 hosts. Now we have installed a 2MB ADSL line with a Cisco 3005 to connect remote branches to the central office. Around 25 hosts are getting to Internet through de ADSL line. Does the type of firewall depend on th...

Hell-o,We just replaced our aging pix515 with two pix515e with the failover bundle.These new PIX devices only have an in and out and a single nic connected to eachother for stateful failover.My question is this, is it possible for me to use the repla...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Well there is a policy on our network to deny Kazaa from being used, i tried to use an access list to block port 1214 and applied it on the outside interface as incoming traffic and it did not work. Same as on the internal network. Also i found ou...

wdalati by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

activating the fixup smtp feature blocks sending mails from WinCE. Tests with a Win95 client and a Palm worked fine.Examining the packets with a sniffer show the following for Win CE:S: MAIL FROM:<>R: 250S: MAIL FROM:<email-address>Here the PIX stops...

I'm getting hit with this worm and these boxes were compromised. The only way my 4230 (w/ latest sig update installed) alarms is when one of these boxes are used to scan (using Xscan and Dameware) the internet (actually *.edu domains to be specific)...

ddinh by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm having trouble setting up a WIN2K DHCP server to hand out addresses to my VPN clients (client v.3.5.3, 3015 concentrator v3.6.3). The Private subnet of the Concentrators is on the same network as the DHCP server. The DHCP addresses only exist f...

smithem by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I had a opened a case with cisco on this (Case# D240540) but was closed while I was on sick leave.Here is cap-up of the problem with pppoe over Fastethernet on the Cisco 3640 router. Essentially, we intend to use one of the 2 Fastethernet ports on th...

d.kutchin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: