Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Webinar

Forum Posts

To ping outside and dmz devices, I used to configure "conduit permit icmp any any". With pdm, I have my implicit permit rules from high to low security interfaces. In order to allow icmp echo replies back through, I configure a rule to allow icmp ech...

p.wynn by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am currently trying to configure reflective access-lists on a cisco 2621, running IOS 12.2The problem is that in all of the examples that i can find, allowing outbound traffic seems to be defined as follows:permit tcp any any reflect outpermit ...

I have a 1710 router (with a external ADSL modem) and with the correct software (IP/IPX). Is it possible to make a IPX connection over ADSL (using GRE I persume). And I have a unconfigured 2621 VPN router in HQ.1710 <---> ADSL (internet) <-----> fire...

HiWe have a vpn3015 concentrator which our users use to access intranet resources remotely. The bulk of these customers use pptp clients. The problem I have come up against is that when their passwords start to expire they get no warning. When their ...

n.phipps by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Thisa is my first setup on a cisco product\ and I recently set up a pxi 501. I want to configure the VPN settings. As this is our gateway to the net I want to be able to reload the pix with a saved configuration from the tftp server. I cannot find...

john by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

It seems to be only warning, but I would like to know how I can fix it. When I enable debuging crypto subsystem I see the folowing message in the log:"IPSEC(encapsulate): encaps area too small: moving to new buffer: idbtype 0, encaps_size 84, header ...

jpetrous by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Some sample access-lists that I have seen show an output like the one below. My question …….is it necessary to have the deny for tcp and udp specific port numbers? It is my understanding that the implicit deny at the end will block these. The spec...

jgunning by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Below is config for my pix I'm working with. However, I can't connect to FTP from the inside when allowing FTP ports both TCP and UDP. However, when I allow all ports (i.e. permit IP any any) it works fine. What gives?nameif ethernet0 outside secu...