Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Forum Posts

I am trying to connect to my server at work through VPN client version 4.0.4 on my XP pro machine(5.1.2600).. I connect just fine but I can't see the remote server in network places and I can't map it as a network drive..I am using group authenticati...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good morning all,Got a questions about the security.Should my router in my internal network (protected by a Firewall from external networks) deny ICMP packets with ACL?I am asking what is the best practise from the security point of view to manage th...

mcardell by Cisco Employee
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Running the latest, greatest image, 6.3.3. When I try and enter a port to be passed through the firewall, I get a message saying in may be a duplicate entry so it was not accepted. However, this entry does not show up the config with a sh run...

hornbeck by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

a newbie here, please don't laugh.I need to block a specific port on the PIX firewall (515). (port is 1025). Can anybody tell me what syntax to use? I want to block this port both inbound and outbound. Thanks very much

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Greetings,Just a quick question. Does anyone know if you can install an IDSM-2 into a Catalyst 6009 chasis?I realize there are some minimums required (i.e. - CatOS/IOS version appropriate for supervisor card revision in use), but the documentation is...

a.arndt by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am in the research phase of CSA, and see that CSA version 4.5 will work on Windows 2003 Server. What other versions will it now support? (IIS6, Exchange 2003...) Also, will there be any other upgrades, or new features that worth waiting for? Th...

I would ask if anyone can clarify the difference between a "TCP Reset-I" and a "TCP Reset-O" as seen in cisco pix connection teardown logs.Investigation on the cisco site turns up -I is inside,-O is outside.I have conflicting explanations.The first i...

We have installed CW 2000 LMS and VMS( including IDS MC, the router MC and the Pix MC). As part of our increasing our security and moving towards the CISCO Self-defending network model I was going to add the CSAMC to the currently loaded products und...

tcherry by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've configured CSA to send SNMP traps out to a management station but just need to know what all the OID variables are that the trap spits out. Is there a published MIB for the CSA product? I couldn't find it on cisco's site (http://www.cisco.com/...

rrussell by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes