Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Forum Posts

Anyone seen this before and/or have suggestions on this problem? When I try to SSH into the IDSM, or session in from the switch I get the following out put. I have a couple of both 4.1 and 3.0 IDSM's giving me this error. I spews out that error, a...

HiWe have cisco IDS(netranger) running on sol 2.8. I want to know why the interface that is capturing packets does not show when I do ifconfig -a on the terminal session on the server. Is there a way to see the packets the IDS is capturing using snoo...

ravik77 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Error with PDM

I'm trying to open Pix Device Manager this morning and receive the following error:[ERR] pdm location 172.16.1.0 172.16.1.1 inside Invalid netmask: 172.16.1.1Usage: pdm disconnect <session_id> pdm history enable pdm logging [<level> [<messages>]] sho...

bizsnatch by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to get our CiscoWorks to manage a PIX 520 firewall running ver 6.3.3. It seems to get SNMP information but getting and managing the configs has been a problem. When I look in the PIX log I see this message: INFO %PIX-6-315011: SSH session...

We recently went froma single port PIX to a multiple port and DMZ setup. I am trying to figure out the best way from a topology setup to place DNS servers with in this design. Would one place a DNS server in each zone and perform zone transfers or ...

b.joanis by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have an issue with our infrastructure as far as external network security. Our initial configuration was a PIX 515E as our endpoint with NAT configured on it. Behind the PIX was an ISA server with NAT, caching, and proxying. That configuration...

bevans by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

How are iplogs viewed? If I go to the sensor and look at the iplogs file I cant make heads or tails of it. Is there some documentation somewhere that explains anything about iplogging?I made a test string and enabled ip logging on it. I let it run...

emusican by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Using Security Monitor 1.2,If I have 10 sensors, how do I view LESS THAN 10 sensors on my event viewer? Can I just look at sensor "a"'s alarms with looking at b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i and j's alarms too? If I am managing over 100 of these sensors how is the...

emusican by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Guy,i get a small prob.: on my Cisco 2600 Router Branch Office connect via VPN 3des to PIX 535. all thinks works fine but i cann see the Q-idle of this command: "sh cryp isa sa"any reason why ?thanks for yor suggessionBBZ#sh cry isa sa dst ...

aessome by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I'm running 6.3(1) on a PIX 520. I want to see the DNS packets traversing the PIX, I'm trying to use the "debug dns all" command. Where should I see the output of the debug information? The console, syslogs? Right now I don't see anything wh...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes