We are building a layer 2 WAN cloud to interconnect three sites (1 hub and 2 spokes).
Current setup of the three sites:
- Each site has 'unique' IP scheme (RFC 1918) and the sites are connected using site-to-site VPN.
We will be provided by a ethernet handoff at each site by the provider. The WAN provder has given the following directions:
- Each port needs to be configured as a trunk link (so that each site can send and recieve multiple VLANs)
- Each site is being assigned a unique VLAN.
- The provider does not support QinQ.
We dont want to extend VLAN's between sites. The main reason for getting the layer2 connection (versus layer3) was speed/price of the circuits.
We just want to interconnect the three sites (in a full mesh) and run OSPF for interconnectivity so that we can use the S2S VPN tunnels as a backup.
Couple of questions on the design:
- If each site is going to have a trunk link to the cloud, how can I ensure that my spanning-tree is not spanned across the sites (i.e. how can I NOT extend my spanning-tree domain to other sites).
- If each site will be assigned a unique VLAN (by the provider) and since I am planning to route traffic between the sites using OSPF (instead of switching traffic), I believe on EACH site, I will need to define an SVI (switched virtual interface) for the provider assigned VLAN for not just the local site but also for the remote sites' VLAN:
Example if Hub site is assigned VLAN3, Remote-site1 is assigned VLAN1 and Remote-site2 is assigned VLAN2 then on each switch which terminates the layer2 handoff I will need to define an SVI for all three VLAN's and include these interfaces in OSPF and advertise the local subnets of each site in OSPF.
- Is there any other design options giving this scenario. The provider is not too helpful.
The cat's out of the bag! In October 2020, Cisco announced the Next Generation of Enterprising Routing Platforms: the Catalyst 8000 Edge Platforms Family including the Catalyst 8200, Catalyst 8300, Catalyst 8500, and Catalyst 8000V. The new family of Cats...
Community Live- Smart Licensing Using Policy (Routing) – A Simplified Licensing Approach
(Live event - Tuesday, 18 May, 2021 at 9:00 am Pacific/ 1:00 pm Eastern / 7:00 pm Paris)
This event will have place on Tuesday 18th, May 2021 at 9:00 hrs PDT&nb...
Welcome to the overview guide that covers the latest in Cisco Networking and Data Center innovations and new product introductions. You'll find information on Intent Based Networking updates, special promotions and free trials, as well as exclusive upcom...
Listen: https://smarturl.it/CCRS8E13 99% of organizations use certifications to make hiring decisions. The reason is simple: Cisco certifications bring valuable, measurable rewards to certified IT professionals and the organizations that employ them....
Cisco AI Endpoint Analytics – Deployment guide
This deployment guide is meant for Cisco AI Endpoint Analytics adoption for customers, partners and everyone focusing on Endpoint Visibility and to how achieve it with Endpoint Analytics. It has sections that...