Server Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer

Forum Posts

Hello All.I have been reading up on npiv but can't find any deployment guides for it with nexus 5k's.I have seen guides with the 5k in npv mode connected to a mds running npiv. I understand that you use npiv on the esx hosts that are running several ...

feisalb by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,I have two new nexus 5548 and a 6509 with a 16-port 10gig card. The nexus switches will have esxi connections for both iscsi traffic to a emc vnx as well as data.My question is what is the best way to cable for vPC with only one 6500? Also, s...

While configuring vcenter to N5K connection(svs connection just like in Nexus  1000v) we need to connect only thru vpc primary switch i.e. connect  command under svs connection <name> only applied on vpc primary  switch. What happens when VPC primary...

krun_shah by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a customer with many nexus 4000 blade switches, all are running 4.1(2)E1(1h). The switches crashes and reboots by itself. "cdp hap reset" seems to be the problem. I can't find anything about this issiue on the bug toolkit.Has anyone else seen ...

I have to configure a layer 3 connection between 3 nexus 5548UP using OSPF and the customer wants to encrypt the data transmitted for this connection.What option effer the nexus 5548UP in order to encrypt the traffic?Can I configure an IPSEC over GRE...

vulatec89 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

GreetingsI'm a masters student and i'm working on my dissertation regarding network performance on a virtualised environment. I decided to use VMware vSphere evaluation version for 60 days and it is required of me to use NetFlow in order to extract s...

APrassas7 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

we have a router7507, BGP peering to one ISP. Now, we need a router redundancy solution. I want to use HSRP in the BGP peering interface, because the ISP only peering us a IP address, I have to use HSRP on two router interfaces, and use HSRP virtual ...

ccie14007 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes