Server Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer

Forum Posts

Apologies in advance for what might be obviously dumb questions to some, but I am new to Nexus. 1) Why would you buy a 5010/5020 over a 5548UP/5596UP? I've looked at the data sheets, and haven't yet identified the major difference between the 2 range...

billybjo1 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am having an issue creating a port group on nexus 1000v.I create the port profile on the vsm using the following config...port-profile type vethernet v506-openGI  vmware port-group  switchport mode access  switchport access vlan 506  no shutdown  s...

c.walsh by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Has anyone had an issue with deleting a virtual supervisor module on a 1010?A-TPL-NXS01# show virtual-service-blade summary -------------------------------------------------------------------------------Name                Role        State          ...

c.walsh by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All,I have to connect a router (C3560E) to a vPC topology (2 * Nexus5596)I would like to create a vPC on Nexus 5500 side and a Port-channel on router side.Regarding L3 aspects all should be included in the same interconnection VLAN with vlans i...

dguigo by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have two Nexus 7010 switches running a vPC domain between the two switches.  On one of the 7010B, the peer keep alive (from the mgmt VRF) is connected to a 3560B *and* that 3560B also has a data connection back to the same 7010B.  Everything is fi...

Hello all,Cisco does it again...[1] How can i see if a port has autonegotiated to a certain speed and duplex, and not been configured for a fixed speed or duplex ?I am trying to determine how the server connected to this port is configured (can be 10...

gnijs by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

By Cisco Infromation Broadcom Ethernet card 57712 can be  use on the 3th party servers as adapter-fex (802.1br / 802.1bh ). I try to use BroadCom Card 57712 (Cisco P/N  UCSC-PCIE-BSFP=) on the IBM Servers, As standard ethernet card it works properly ...

Hello guys,We are in the middle of the installation of 2 Nexus 1010 appliances.the two appliances have a failover mechanism where you have only one address for the cluster of appliance. I don't think that it is a good idea because the Vsm on the appl...

l.metzger by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,Hopefully an easy question (and the right forum for it to be posted in), but I can't seem to find an answer either way in any documentation.Does the 1000v support wake on LAN?I'd like to propose the use of distributed power management (DPM) so...

Hi,sadly our N5-K's  ( 5548Up, NX-OS 5.0.(3)N2.2 ) show the following issue with ntp. I asked my colleagues about the status of the ntp serverand the box seems to be fine  (windows 2003 server).May 12 23:01:28 myn5k ntpd[4719]: ntp:time reset +0.2196...

Customer running Nexus 7000 6.03a.  Core and Distribution VDCs.  With the static RP configuration shown below,a source in VLAN 300 attached to a L2 Catalyst 6500, and a receiver on eth 1/14 on the core, multicast trafficin groups 234.5.6.7-234.5.6.11...

HiIf I have two COS values within the same queue on a 5500 port can I set drop priority for them ? I am looking at setting in contract and out of contract data rates for some VMs, setting the COS value dependant on this and then getting the 5K to be ...