Server Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer

Forum Posts

Hi there,imagine the following (simple) configuration:- Server with dual port CNA connected to a N5k- CNA port 1 connected to interface Ethernet 1/9- CNA port 2 connected to interface Ethernet 1/10- CNA FCoE MAC port 1 bound to vfc 109- CNA FCoE MAC ...

Environment:IBM BCH ChassisCISCO Nexus 4001i switch bay 7Goal:Download latest version of NXOS to system.Issue.  I do not have any more 100Mb ports left to connect the managment dedicated external port for the swiches. I simply wish to utilize the bri...

HiDoes anyone know of a good reference to how networking works on P series IBM servers running virtualised AIX with mutilple CECS and VIOs ?I am trying to get my head round this so as to find the best way to connect such a beast to some Nexus switche...

Environment:IBM BCH blade in bay 12 with QLogic 10Gb Convergence adapter. CISCO Nexus 5010 (sw10) ports 3, 4 trunked via port group to BCH Chassis bay 7 ports 15, 16 port group.First time setting this up. Following the examples guide for the 4001i an...

Hello, there's a certain problem that's happening the last weeks and it' a real big problem.All of a sudden the server x.x.x.39 it loses its connection with the default gw which is x.x.x.91but its connection with another server that has a public ip o...

vitotol85 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a CNA in my server connected to cisco nexus 5000 interfcae. I Want to genearate pause frames for FCOE class of traffic using the default class class-fcoe and cos value 3, the firmware version running is 5.0(3) N1 (1b). Can anyone tell me ho...

mhosamani by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, in the release notes for version 4.2(1)SV1(4a) I found a limitation about the vethernet trunk interfaces. 256 veth trunk are supported for the whole DVS with a maximum of 8 veth trunks per host. For a new n1v environment we need more then 8 ve...

hleschin by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,We have some trouble for getting up a new Nexus 2232 TM with our existing N5K (5010) with following image: n5000-uk9.5.0.2.N1.1.binhere's my N5K current config regarding the connection between N5K & N2K:version 5.0(2)N1(1)feature telnetno featu...

egillis by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a pair of N7K chassis currently running 4.2(4) code and have been trying to upgrade them to a 5.x release and running into a software problem that TAC isn't too understanding of. Module 2: Non-disruptive upgrading.[#                   ] ...