Server Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer

Forum Posts

Hi,I have question with regards to the sorry server feature. Its says in the cisco docs that this feature can not be used in load balancing.??We have 2 11500 which are working in an active backup state via vips. We have 2 web servers in the environ...

mbaylis by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anybody here has experience with Nexus 7018? We are planning to get one for our data center. It will be our core and distribution. I was told that this box is so powerful, I don't need to have a separate distribution to our core. We currently ha...

bauti1428 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,happy new year every one,i have a bunch of 2811 routers in my lab, and i am trying make one of my 2811 router to act as a tftp server, i have copied the required files and enable tftp on the flash but i am not able to copy the files to my other ro...

somesh123 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, does anybody have a sample network diagram doing L2 scretch across two Data Centers? Uptime has to be 99.9999%. Also is that possible to achive this without using STP?

Does anyone know if the Nexus 5000 will support native fiber channel today? It is my understanding that an expansion module is needed but it doesn't look like that expansion module is orderable today. Does anyone have a good, up-to-date reference t...

mnordhoff by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Do the integrated 10 GigabitEthernet interfaces on the Nexus 5000 and the interfaces on the 32-port 10 GigabitEthernet linecard for the Nexus 7000 support GigabitEthernet connectivity also or just 10Gig? If not, how do I uplink GigabitEthernet ports...

mnordhoff by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am going to use VSS with a C3750 'Access' switch running 12.2(46)SE that supports Pagp+ for dual active detection. Regarding this topology, i have some questions:1) Does my Etherchannel towards the C3750 stack need to be a Pagp Etherchannel ? Or ca...

gnijs by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, We have a HP p-class Blade System with two Cisco Gigabit Ethernet Switch Modules (Cisco IOS Release 12.2(25)SE) for every enclosure. My question is how I can stack the two blade switches (in the same enclosure) so that every HP blade server to be...

sgeorgiev by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have been looking into the Cisco VN-Link technology and it looks pretty good. The only question that I have relates to the traffic from the server to the Nexus 5k. The docs talk of tagging packets so that they can bypass the v1000 and be processe...

Resolved! Telnet timeout

Hello,We have the servers inside our network that the employees can Telnet on. The session never time out.We have a regional office from where the employees Telnet on the same servers but they have a timeout after 10 minutes idle time.All the network...