cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Assigning a new DA after one leaves organization

pccsmartnet
Level 1
Level 1

What would be the best approach to assign a new Delegated Admin (DA) when a previous one has left the organization?

12 Replies 12

Pamela Ghosh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi There ,

Thanks for reaching out to us , you can follow any of the steps to nominate DA.

Option 1) Company Customer Administrator on SNTC UI (Portal) can follow the steps  updated as part of "Automated Delegated Administrator Registration for existing customers " available on SNTC launch screen or under Useful links  to become a DA.

Option 2) Identify DA from the company and follow the process of self DA nomination.

Link : https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12600946/self-service-onboarding-register-get-access-smart-net-total-care-portal

Thank you,

Pamela

Hi Pamela,

In this instance where the Delegated Admin has left the company do we have instructions showing how to delete/remove the old DA?

Rgds, Tim

First, let me remind everyone that one of the first things any new DA should do is to nominate an additional person to be DA for the company.  This will help prevent issues in the future when one DA leaves.  This recommendation is covered in the "Getting Started" quick reference card in the Cisco Services Access Management online help.

Any DA can delete/remove another DA who has left the company.  A Cisco Admin could also do it, once the replacement DA has accepted the T&C's.

Agreed Kevin, I did see that recommendation. However, this customer had a small team and the previous DA did not assign other accounts. I was going to recommend the self-nomination, however, I was concerned, per the instructions, that it would route to the existing DA who has since left the company. Who can perform the approval then?

If your organization already has a Delegated Administrator, your request will be forwarded to the existing Delegated Administrator for approval. Your organization's Delegated Administrator will also be notified of your request and he/she can grant you access to the portal.

In this scenario, a Cisco internal can open a Remedy case (search for "Party DA" to find the right queue).  Don't worry about how you fill out the specific fields in the case form, just explain the situation and my team can take care of it.

Kevin, I have a similar problem. I Changed my CCO ID, from CSCO12206655 to camilo.leiva. The DA rol was asigned to CSCO12206655 and when I changed to camilo.leiva I lost all the contracts associated and the DA rol.

I opened a Tac Case : 639266539 , but they said that I need to get support from this community.

Can you please help me to resolve this issue?

I have a collector installed, and I lost the access to the portal to get reports.

Regards

I have replied privately via email and taken care of this for you.

Hi Pamela,

With Option 2, wouldn't the nomination route to an existing DA?

Hi Pam, The customer has tried this and is getting an error, "We encountered an error while processing your request. Please refresh this page or try again.”  What information do you need to correct this?  

Hi Pam,

The customer tried this and got this error,

We encountered an error while processing your request. Please refresh this page or try again.”

What case can I submit to get this corrected since the Delegated Admin is no longer with the company. Thanks.

Hello,

It is likely we will need to open an internal case to get this investigated. I will contact you via email in order to obtain specifics.

Thanks

Hi ,

Can you kindly clear your browser cookies/cache and try to perform it again.

Thanks,

Anusha.