Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC Colletor does not get Serial Number

Jaime MATEUS Gomes
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Guys.

We have successfully installed Cisco Collector 2.7 on customer's premisses.

I did run the proccess to get equipment's information and the results were not good at all.

For somereason that i cannot explain, the serial number of ALL Cisco's Hardware does not appear on Collector Interface.

But, other information like Host Name, IP Address, Type, IOS etc. were all there.

I did run the process using SNMPv2.

Can someone please help-me with this issue?

Thank you so Much !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

taywelch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, 

You will need to turn on the duplicate serial number check in the Collector GUI: 

Settings> Discovery settings> Serial number duplicate check 

After you turn on this feature and run a new discovery the serial numbers will appear under managed devices. 

Thanks, 

Taylor 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Camplejohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Don't worry about it. This was a specific design change in CSPC 2.7. Rest assured your serial numbers are collected and will appear in the SNTC portal once you upload and that data is processed in the SNTC portal.

In fact. The SNT Portal dosen't show anything either.

Please see the Attachments.

Images have been removed as they contained personally identifiable information.

Under Administration>Upload Processing in SNTC Portal you see there are no uploads. Have you sent an upload of your collected data on CSPC back to Cisco and the SNTC Portal? It doesn't appear so and that is why no data is there yet.

Yes I Did, but the collector show me a result like "Failed ".

Could it be some problem with Firewall Outbound Connection ?

Hello mateuscisco,

I can see that you did issue an upload attempt from the CSPC on our side, so your outbound access looks good.  However it seems your CSPC timestamp may not be currently up to date.

Can you please try running the CLI command "timesync" from the "admin" CLI Username?  This will request for a local or remote NTP server to configure and setup your timestamp.  After that, please try to issue a new upload.

Thank you,

Jarrett

Hi Jaime,

Please let us know if you need further assistance.  If not, please mark this as solved to close the conversation.
Thanks!
Cheri

taywelch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, 

You will need to turn on the duplicate serial number check in the Collector GUI: 

Settings> Discovery settings> Serial number duplicate check 

After you turn on this feature and run a new discovery the serial numbers will appear under managed devices. 

Thanks, 

Taylor 

Thank You Very Much, the issue has been solved!