cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Data Uploaded Doesn't Match Collected

rhopkins
Level 1
Level 1

After running our discover and collecting data.  The inventory/data uploaded does not match the inventory that shows in SNTC Portal.  Any ideas?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Did you run any non-default collection profiles? The recommended collection profile (SNTC) is the one that will work best.

Also, try reviewing your inventory jobs in Reports -> Inventory Jobs (on the collector) and see if your previous inventories ran or if they had any errors.

View solution in original post

I ran the SNTC collection profile and it seems to have uploaded alot more data.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Suchita Shewale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Russell,

Can you please share some more details about the data mismatch that you see - is it related to incorrect device information, anything wrong with serial number or is the device missing altogether?

May be some screenshots or device details IP address/Serial Number will help with investigation.

Regards,

Suchita

We have 43 devices that I have collected data from and tried to upload but in the portal it only shows 8 devices.

Please send the details of missing devices such as IP address, serial number.

You may send this information via private message.

Have you ran an inventory recently?

Please review the last time a successful SNTC collection was run. You can check under Reports -> Inventory Jobs.

If no recent collection has run, re-run a collection profile.

Re-ran the collection this morning before trying the upload again.

On our side it says that the collection took place on Apr 03 (a month ago). Run one more time, also don't run a separate upload profile, the default (SNTC collection profile) automatically performs the upload upon completion.

Check the portal again after the latest collection has uploaded and processed.

UPLOAD COMPLETE:

"Phase Name"    "Phase Status"    "Message"
"INITIALIZING"    "SUCCESSFUL"    ""
"SELECTING_DEVICES"    "SUCCESSFUL"    "43 devices selected"
"SEGMENTING"    "SUCCESSFUL"    ""
"EXPORTING"    "SUCCESSFUL"    "transport-inventory-1525370464712.zip"
"UPLOADING (CSP0009034436)"    "SUCCESSFUL"    "SUCCESS"
"CLEANING_UP"    "SUCCESSFUL"    "
CSP0009034436: SUCCESS"

This just doesn't make any sense.  I see the upload job under My Reports, Upload Processing Reports, and today's upload job.  In the report there are alot of "not collected" IP's but when I look at the IP in the collector and review latest collected data...it's all there.

Did you run any non-default collection profiles? The recommended collection profile (SNTC) is the one that will work best.

Also, try reviewing your inventory jobs in Reports -> Inventory Jobs (on the collector) and see if your previous inventories ran or if they had any errors.

I ran the SNTC collection profile and it seems to have uploaded alot more data.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: