cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9k issue in portal

krysten_boccio
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who is showing two serials covered in CCW-R, but not in SNTC portal. It is also recognizing the PID as different in CCW-R vs SNTC. It was recommended, we should report this to the community so it can be treated as a bug, and provide a suitable workaround.

There are 2 things going on here…

1. The Portal SNAS (Serial Number Assessment) is not processing the correct device PID, to the actual PID being covered. (as seen inside CCW-R) I think this is a bug of some sorts.
  2. Bundled SKU’s will only report the chassis as being covered in CCW-R. FANs and other HW peripherals related to the bundle, will not have serial numbers show up in the SNTC portal. (related hardware)

So in summary, we have 2 chassis in a bundled SKU for which the SNTC portal (SNAS) is not matching the correct PID, to the actual PID that is covered [in CCW-R]. This means the portal cannot determine that the devices are actually covered.  I have attached a screen shot.

5 Replies 5

Suchita Shewale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi There!

SNTC will give preference to collected information over CCW-R whenever collected information is available.

You should however still be able to see CCW-R PID (Contract PID) under Covered/Not Covered Report.

For further troubleshooting, it would be great if you can share customer and inventory details along with sample serial numbers.

You may send these details via private message.

Regards,

Suchita

These two serials SAL1948U1SG and SAL1949UJJ2 are showing uncovered in the Portal, but customer is able to open TAC cases and shows them as covered in CCW. I noticed in the portal it is capturing under N9K-C9372PX.

Please advise how to proceed.

[cid:image001.png@01D425B7.2FCAA6C0]

There appears to be issue in the system due to which SNTC portal is not able to pull contract details from CCW-R. I am working on the issue and will get back as soon as we have further details available on the fix.

Regards,

Suchita

Hello,

Has this been resolved?

[cid:image010.jpg@01D398DE.65466430]<>

Krysten Boccio
Customer Success Manager - Cisco Total Care
Krysten_Boccio@SHI.com
Office: 512-814-4942 | Mobile:716-903-8916

S o f t w a r e . H a r d w a re . I n t e g r a t i o n.

We are passionate about delivering exceptional value and experience as we help our customers select, deploy and manage technology.

Hello Krysten,

My apologies for the delay. Your issue regarding missing contract from Portal is still being worked upon by our Engineering Team. A new bug CSCvm15841 has been opened to track the issue further.

Regards,

Suchita