cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Portal displaying items that are no longer online

smartnet.team1
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a reason why an item that our customer says is no longer online would be showing up in the portal?  I have confirmed that they are looking at the latest data rather than comprehensive and am seeing the same information in their portal when I view their "Custom Inventory" and "All Equipment" views.  The only thing I can think of is that the collector is still sending information on the item since it was discovered at one time, but that would seem to defeat the purpose of the collector's automation.  Am I missing something here?  Do they have to go in and manually remove those IP addresses from the initial collection profile when the items are taken offline?  Thanks!

4 Replies 4

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello!

To be able to better assist, can you please provide the detailed info for the devices in question.

Please share with me privately the following:

*Customer name

*Inventory name

*Devices that have the issue described

To share information privately, please use the below as reference:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/13237466/how-send-private-message-sntc-community

Regards,

Cesar

Thanks for the details.

Can you in addition tell me which report or menu option you are using when you encounter this error?

I also notice that there are two inventories for this account. Are you selecting only one?

I have not seen duplicates during my investigation. If possible please share any relevant screenshots or as much details as possible.

Finally, are you viewing the reports in "latest view" or "comprehensive" view (Under Application settings -> report preferences)?

Regards,

Cesar

This is not an issue of duplicates, but rather of items that the customer confirmed are offline showing up in their portal.  Per my initial message, we are viewing the custom inventory and all equipment reports and have confirmed that "latest" is being used for the reporting view.  We also confirmed that only one of the inventories is being viewed.  Lastly, we took a look at the collector yesterday and the items are showing up in the managed devices list, but are listed as "unreachable."

Hello,

Thanks for the clarification. To be able to better investigate, can you please provide at least an IP address or full hostname that falls in this category? This will help greatly narrow down the issue.

Regards,

Cesar