Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

Can we have a SAN extension solution using MDS 9100/9200 switches for distances between 50-100 km.I guess with ER optics the maximum achievable distance is 40km.Is there a solution using CWDM/DWDM optics and what are the dependencies in terms of requ...

sumesh.un by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,is this configuration even possible (see picture).  I have FC connectivity between MDS 9513 and Nexus 5596UP, they are connected with regular 8G FC connection (TE). If i have a host that has CNA adapter, can i configure a "storage" VLAN on th...

dynamoxxx by Level 5
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I need to plan SAN zoning on the nexus 5ks. Wanted to know should i use fcalias or device-alias to start with? I am aware of their pros and cons but still would like to know what are the best practices that Cisco suggests? In my environment, i jus...

Hi All,Good Morning, Good Evening.We are using Cisco MDS 9148 Switch(s) 2# in our environment and running NX-OS 5.0(4c) version on them. There was a Audit (Penetration testing) done and they found that, what ever NX-OS we are running in the environme...

OK, here is our setup:1 3240 NetApp with Dual Controllers (Gen 1)2 5548s2 2232sServers with Dual Port Emulex CNAs (Gen 2)1 4507 to legacy networkI am trying to figure out how to be redundant as possible, so if we lose a 2k or a 5k the servers can sti...

Pete89 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have 2 Nexus 5548's operating in VPC mode for our VMWare environment. its been working well for quite some time now.But I noticed that just recently VPC10 is down, which is our connection back to one side of our NetApp SAN. The physical ints are u...

dclee by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am just about to setup my 2 Nexus 5548's in thelab for VPc. I see that I have to setup an etherchannel using 2   10 gig ports for the Peer link andI also have to setup a Peer keepalive.Do I also have to burn a 10 gig port on both switches for this ...

dclee by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes