cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Constantly logged out of SG350 GUI

Terabyte
Level 1
Level 1

Despite having the console timeout set for 30 minutes, an SG350-28P running firmware 2.3.5.63 is kicking me out after a few seconds to a minute or so.  I've not used a stop watch, but it's definitely not 30 minutes (nor was it 10 which is the default).  This happens in IE11, Chrome 63 or 64, and Edge on Windows Server 2008 R2, Server 2016, or Windows 10 Pro.  Surely I'm doing something wrong.  Thoughts?

64 Replies 64

Nikola, no, the latest firmware does NOT fix this.  It is and has been a known bug for SEVERAL years.

Hello All,

Providing a timing update, we're looking at the 7/9 timeframe for the firmware releases. The final bug fix list is being finalized and the software side has passed QA.

Thank you for your patience.

Corey

tommls
Level 1
Level 1

It's exceedingly stupid and lame this has not been fixed.

We bought two new CBS350-48P-2G switches.

I will return them because they will be unusable due to this incredibly lame and stupid bug.

As it is I have three other CBS350-##P-2G switches that are UNUSABLE because of this lame bug that NO other switch company has.

Can anyone recommend an equivalent ARUBA model equivalent to the CBS350-##-2G devices with PoE??

We have firmware 3.1.1.7 installed into the CBS350's.

I already did all the command line things.

This is such a simple thing to NOT have happen...why has it not been fixed for four years??

Wait! It's still a bug in CBS switches?  If that's the case Cisco owes me and everyone else an apology for the lies and other garbage they've fed us here for FOUR+ years.  I was even told to basically shut up for my complaints here.  This is just NOT acceptable.  Add to that Cisco's inability or unwillingness to fix 802.3.bt PoE on SG350 and CBS switches makes them unacceptable devices.

kolping-mw
Level 1
Level 1

We are nearly at the end of June, so it will hopefully be the last month that we suffer this problem. Until now no newer firmware, go for it Cisco...

redgasgiant
Level 1
Level 1

I thought I was going crazy until I found this thread. I'm really looking forward to the new firmware. I have ~25 of these switches and I am wearing out my keyboard typing my password over and over lol. 

CoreyP319
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello all,

To keep you all in the loop, we have some firmer estimates on the new firmware:

CBS - 7/12

SG - 7/8

I'm still awaiting the bugfix list but will share details when they are received.

Like someone else asked in the other thread: what does that mean? What exactly is 7/12 or 7/8. Does that mean 8th July and 12th July? Or what idea is behind that fractions?

Hi Kolping-mw,

Yes, July is the 8th and 12th are the target release dates.

CoreyP319
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello All,

The firmware for the SG series is now ready for download (version 2.5.9.13). There are no new features, but there are security updates and bug fixes. Please take a look at the release note for details.

Be sure to check the release notes to see the bug fix list.

Thanks,

Corey

Finally! I hope it really fixes it. Uploading it to around 40 switches at the moment. Tomorrow the next one and one of the most annoying IT bugs in the last two years we are facing is solved. Not to say that some other vendors were somewhat faster...

paok88
Level 1
Level 1

Still not fixed with new firmware. Getting logged off before 10 mins that I have set. 

Seems to be working for me on our test SG350-28P.  I will continue to test.

You login, work on another browser tab for a minute or so and go back to the switch and you are still logged in? I get logged off. 

CoreyP319
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello All,

Providing an update on the CBS firmware update. There was a bug found when testing, the bug has since been fixed and we're back to testing the firmware. No firm estimate other than next week at this point.

I'll post the link to the firmware as soon as it becomes available.

Thanks,

Corey