Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth Mesarument

dhavaltandel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

we have upgrade our bandwidth to 256KB,

i wan to check that is has been done or not...or how much bandwidth we has been allocated from ISP.

we have CISCO 2621 (2-Fast-Ethernet).

is there any tool available or we can check by using any command in cisco router like SHOW INTERFACE or something.

thanks

dhaval

9 Replies 9

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Dhaval

Is it a VPN connectivity given by your ISP or a internet connectivity ?

If its a internet connectivity the best tool would be doing simultaneous downloads by directly connecting only one PC or laptop on the ethernet port of the router.

you can try downloading different files of different file sizes from different sites which may help you out to the check out the the throughput capacity of you connection.

Also you can verify the loading conditions on the interface which can tell you the input and output loads coming in and out of the line.

regds

hi

thanks for takin interest,

we have internet connection from VSNL itself.

and connecting PC direct to internet line is good idea, but can i do same without connecting my laptop directly, is cisco provide any command to do same....?

i tried show interface command.

thanks

dhaval

Hi Dhaval

As a company we dont cap any of our customers even in our 1:4 offings.

But still as a usual recommendations you can directly connect ur pc/laptop directly onto the router port using a cross cable and access the net.

Do remember to check addressing scheme to be used on the ethernet port of the router and the pc/laptop..

You can make use of show interface serial x/x to effectively check the utilisation.

regds

yeah thanks,

Hi!

You can do a "show interface" for several times and check for the value of the 5 min input / 5 min output value. The would provide you the real time load passing through this link.

Or better yet, try to setup an MRTG application that can monitor interface traffic.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Albert

hai,

can anybody guide me any cisco tool available for checking bandwidth usage for each port in a swithc ??

Hi Bipin,

You may use Solarwinds NPM or Cacti to monitor the per port interface graph.

Regds,

Faiz

saeedccie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You may check your internet connection through website.

www.speedtest.net

www.whatismyip.com/tools/internet-speed-test.asp

I hope this can solve your problem.

Regards

Fabio Francisco
Level 1
Level 1

Agree with Saeed... you can also use Cacti. It is a graphing tool free and it will give you bandwith utilization for the last 30 min to 24 hrs ( you can tweak settings)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco