Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi GuysIm planning a migration of a management Vlan. Could you please review the following idea:Is it possible to configure a secondary IP address on the mgmt Vlan interface (Access-Switch).->with no connection loss<-Then configure the new default ga...

Hi ALL ,As we have ONE fortigate 300e firewall and Multiple cisco 2960L model switches and three floors. I have 2960 L cisco switches First question is do they stackable ? if yes i have 2 situations to solve.Situation 1.I want to stack switches on th...

Hi guys, I've been several days struggling with a configuration that I'm not able to make work. First of all, I'm using a Cisco C2960X switch with the latest firmware version. I have 3 ONT's connected to the switch, on ports 1/0/1, 1/0/2 and 1/0/3. T...

Astur1980 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have 4 SG350 Switches with stacking cables in a ring solution. This is proving a nightmare due to a cisco bug that randomly reboots all the swtiches and gets stuck in a boot loop. Cisco have no workaround for this.TO stop this we have decided to j...

Dear community,we have 2x 9606R in a Stackwise-Virtual.What is the best practise if one switch fails and needs to be replaced by a new factory default switch? 1) What needs to be configured on new replacement switch before connecting and power on? SV...

Hi,our LAN topology consists of several distribution switches, we have Car4500x with VSS.a few months ago we replaced one of our distribution with Cat9500 StackWise virtual.we have VRFs and use PBR on some SVIs to prevent interVLAN routing on the L3 ...

I am upgrading our network solely and decided on the 9500 and 9600 to replace our 6509s since they are aging and have limited life left.  For the cores I will use two 9606 with SVL and only install 40/100 interfaces probably. At  some of the smaller ...

gp1200x by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a question about port security.  I am doing an assessment of a new network and ran across the following on one of the customer's switches: interface FastEthernet0/4description User Access Portsswitchport access vlan 20switchport mode accessswi...

ben.weber by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everyone, We have just purchased 4 Devices with DNA Advantage 3 yr License and I have been told to activate its license to each device. But upon looking with instructions on the internet I always end up wondering how it is really setup. Could you ...

Greetings,I have a 1801 router connected to a 3550 switch with a regular 802.1q trunk, and I am curious as to what may be causing the unknown protocol drops on the connected router interface.The switch is without any configuration at all except the f...

Sannie179 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! NAT on Nexus 9k

Hi, I am trying to get NAT to work on Nexus9000 C9336C-FX2. Below is the config I have.ip access-list NAT_ADDRS10 permit ip 192.168.30.0/24 any ( tried this command with icmp instead of ip)!ip nat pool NAT_POOL 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.63 prefix-length 24ip n...