Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We are having intermittent high CPU issue. Running EEM script reveals major contributor is cmfib process. Can someone explain in detail what this process is ? Attached output.   911  2044643120  1002062434       2040 33.70% 16.92% 17.38%   0 cmfib   ...

Hello all We have one 2960G. We applied an inbound ACL on a port of that : deny udp any any eq 53 permit ip any any   it's working fine. But there isn't any match hint for Deny ACE, Permit ACE has however!   Sho ip access-list   deny ........ permit ...

HiCould any one please let me know what is the actual function of the switchport command   "flowcontrol receive on/off/desired"     Thanks and regardsJeganjesri@outlook.com          

jegan1234 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

On 30 out or 31 Cat4500 (sup2t) the following log message is generated approximately every 30 seconds:   Aug 25 15:28:41.041: %SISF-3-INTERNAL: Internal error, id 0 does not match any feature -Process= "SISF Switcher Thread", ipl= 0, pid= 393   I cou...

DaveInCbr by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Im using 3750 L3 switch and 2950 L2 Switch. I've configured 12 VLANs and configured inter-VLAN. But there has been a problem with file sharing on windows. I can ping the machine on different VLANs and i can also run some application like remote de...

eabonalla by Level 1
  • 27 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone I have some problems with the deployment of monitor Spanning protocol with snmp at Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Series 5K, 7K.   I dont Know how could detect if there is some problem with this protocol, I have working with MST at the moment o...

Dear All, we are trying to restrict cisco 3650 (IOS: Denali 16.3.6) SSH /Telnet access to one vlan interface. switch working as L3 and configured vlan interface are mentioned below.   VLAN 100- Data (Interface IP: 192.168.100.1/24) VLAN 150- Server (...

Hello - How to connect one of the stack member of the Switch stack 3650 running IOS Denali 16.3. I remember we use remote command to login 3750 stack member. Those commands are missing in version IOS 16.3.   Any clues to login stack member (standby/m...

I have many throttles and ignoreds packets in VLAN 1 and ignoreds packets in the interface who is in STP Blocking state.The latency increase in the network and when I ping the interface VLAN 1 I receive response at more than 500ms.I did put sniffer i...

Hi,    I was wondering if someone has Sonos speakers in production and if there are specific recommended interface configurations for them, I would really appreciate an example. This is what I currently have but issues are being reported so I want to...

Hello,   I am looking to enable multicast on a 5508wlc with 260 APs (3702i) attached to it. I have read up on the steps to do it and it looks simple. I haven't done it before, so I am wondering if enabling multicast will require SSIDs to bounce or ca...

Hello.. currently I have been running into an issue where my 3850 switches giving error of one stack port down, I have tried replacing stack cable but still same issue. I have been running ver.03.07.04E. Please help.   SwitchCS1#sh switchSwitch/Stack...

Anukalp S by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello ,   as i have read , the Default Ip address of the 2960-X switch is 10.0.0.1 , but for mine is 10.0.2.1 , this is strange because i have the same model purchased from the same vendor and they have different default IP, is't normal ? Second thin...

Azuriste by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card