Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

For the sake of clarification, Cisco's site on STP states that "The root guard ensures that the port on which root guard is enabled is the designated port. Normally, root bridge ports are all designated ports, unless two or more ports of the root bri...

nuggetinu by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Trying to replace 3650 with a 3750 g. I have concerns over the IOS version and multi cast, I am concerned about some of the IOS commands not supported in the 3750.Trying to understand the differences between 3750g running ios  Cisco IOS Software, C37...

galaga by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Sir/Ma'am, Good Day!   We have a problem on our Cisco WS-C3560G-24TS switch, we don't have the option to configure or enable ssh on our device. Kindly advise what is needed to enable ssh.   SW Version: 12.2(35)SE5 Image Version: c3560-ipbase-mz.12...

Pick an industry. Then see how to start saving.  Use our DNA ROI Calculator to see how much your organization could save with a software-defined network.Use the calculator here

hcaldwel by Cisco Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Hi All, I have a Cisco 3560 switch. I have couple of ports in there that I cant use. When I connect a device to these ports I get network cable unplugged. The switch shows that these 2 ports are connected and packets are received through them. The in...

hshabany by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear all,I have found on my cisco 2960 with SSL Server Supports Weak Encryption for SSLv3 vulnerabilities.How do I Disable CBC mode ciphers in order to leave only RC4 ciphers enabled?I also try the following solution:http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/supp...

_Ratha_ by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Forum Team!   In order to configure the port speed and duplexing (change to 100Mbps/Full-duplex from auto mode) on a Nexus 2248TP interface, does the port needs to be down,.i.e, no link? Thanks in advanced for your support!

fuhrersk8 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,   I have a issue configuring LACP between cisco 3850 and fortigate 100D. We have a smaller swtiches from cisco (SG500) and we were able to configure LACP in no time. Because we needed a bit stronger switches we purchased 3850 and now I app...

Dep by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Home network

Hi all, I'm trying to experiment with a Layer 3 switch (Cisco 4948-10GE). My aim is to set this switch as part of my home network.I'm trying to get routing working on it but seem to be hitting a wall somewhere. I've searched alot a round and cannot s...

THussain by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Hi, I have a strange issue that I'm not able to figure out by myself. I have 4 N3k, all the same models, all running the same software code 7.0(3)I4(7). First two I setup into vpc cluster in a blink of an eye without any issues. The other two, follow...

Stv_666 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card