Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi everybodyI hope you are doing fine.    I really miss this forum that taught me so much .(Very busy with new job)Please consider the following scenario:sarah1#show versionCisco Internetwork Operating System SoftwareIOS (tm) s72033_rp Software (s720...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am working for a voice project now. Unfortunately the PoE feature is not working in my switch Module.When I connect to my cisco IP phone, it doesn't provide the power.What will be the cause? Do I need to configure for PoE?Appreciate your Help...

Andrewkai by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have a 3550 switch configured with vlans. I tried to apply a standard access list to one of the switch ethernet interfaces, however it would not let me.Is it normal behaviour that if your switch has vlans configued, then you cannot apply ACL...

fran19422 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm working on a project where I need my layer 3 switch to handle all the interVLAN routing and DHCPAnd all the internet and traffic to the corporate office needs to hit the router.I have the router setup as 10.255.255.1 --> then a port on the switch...

ALIAOF_ by Level 6
  • 22 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 3845 router with two 3750 etherswitch modules installed.   One of the switch modules has no IOS so it's stuck at the switch: prompt.   Anyone know where I can find any documentation on the commands that are available to me?   For instance, s...

cobra188d by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two locations with the following switches:Location 1: (2) 3750-48P in stack, SW version 12.2 (50) SE, IP SERVICES imageLocation 2: (1) 3750-48P, SW version 12.2 (35) SE5, IP BASE imageI need to take a switch from Location 1 and move it to Loca...

dotwell11 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi - trying to resolve an issue with multicasting. We have a site that is working fine and we have a site that is not working. We are not sure if the issue is with the router or the host device trying to receive multicast traffic. The configurations ...

Hello Mr. Watts:My name is Tom Jenson, tjenson@gwhf.org ;cell 254-253-1803 and I’m a Network Manager at a small rural Hospital in central Texas. In the past two weeks I switched Internet providers and I just finished upgrading from a bonded-T1 3Mbit ...

tjenson76 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone!I'm trying to check wheather a WS-C2960S-STACK module is working, but I can't connect the two 2960 switches yet.Is there anyway I can find out if the stack module is properly working without actually connecting the switches with the stack...

Hello All,I've been trawling through the forums here and while I've found a lot of good advice, I haven't found anything that makes sense in my case. Here's what I have:Two of our sites are being set up with a PLC network. The vendor has decided that...

HiI need to connect a router to a voice vlan port to allow all voice traffic to exit the VLAN without having to transverse onto the data vlan and use its gateway.However any device I assign to a voice vlan port is ignored by the switch if it isn’t a ...

I have an issue with a 7206vxr that is booting into setup mode because it cannot find a configuration.  The config register is set good at 2102 but it boots into setup mode on restart.  I can put a configuration on it and it will run fine from runnin...

mialbert by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does this exist?Example: "neighbor 1.1.1.1 cost 100"I have a pair of ASA 9.1x firewalls. They are connected to a pair of Cisco IOS routers. One router is the primary path to my MPLS network. The other is a router on my DMVPN backup network. There is ...

hypnotoad by Level 3
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card