Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Scenario - 6509 connected via multiple etherchannels to a number of 3560s, 3750s and 3120s. I changed the etherchannel load-balancing algorithm, at which point the ports that were members of the etherchannel to the 3750Es all dropped out, but none of...

I recietly purchased a new Windows 7 64-bit Laptop.  We have a pelthera of Cisco 1841 Integrated Routers that I need to connect to.  I have an older USB to Serial adapter that I had on my old Win XP Laptop, but there aren't drivers for WIn 7 (let alo...

have need to write erase and reload from remote site.  Doc says write erase leaves the boot vars and mgmt0 information including ip addres, gateway and vrf routing information which is perfect.  But says NOTHING of login or password for ability to ac...

I have a 3560 switch (ip routing is NOT turned on) that has a route entry for a particular host? This switch is not acting as a router. How do I remove the entry (trying to avoid a switch reboot)?  This route was auto generated and is not listed in t...

myounger by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi folks, I have configured PAT from lan interface to wan interface and its working. LAN ip address is 172.16.0.0/16 and NATTED ip address is 125.19.11.145.  i  have configured static pat from wan to lan interface for mail service.   External mail is...

Resolved! 6509 Chassis

We have a 6509 Chassis (WS-C6509) with Sup720Questions belowIs this hardware (Chassis) supported or is end of life ?I have used the link below but they mention 6509 and not WS-C6509 just wanted to double check if the meant the same ?http://www.cisco....

I'm looking for a switch that will do the following:     1.  Restrict certain ports to only 1 IP address.  For example Port 1 can only have IP of 10.5.13.101, Port 2 can only have IP of 10.5.13.102, etc.     2.  Assign IP addresses to a workstation u...

Hello everyone,I just started at a new job and took over responsibility of the network infrastructure.  I am little confused about the current setup which is something i have never seen.  Additionally there are complaints about call quality on voip c...

Hi , DHCP relay not working in switch WS-C3560G-24PS image details - c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE.binits working if i keep DHCP server in same vlan as user ., wireshark says DHCP offer packets are currupted and there is no client ip (0.0.0.0 0.0.0...

I wanted to know if there is a way to control IPhones or similar type devices on either the Catalyst 6500, 3560 or 2960. I see alot of these type devices being assigned IP addresses and my network and want to eliminate their ability to connect.

Hi,In reading about interoperability between cisco and hp switches, I've come across the following statement regarding MSTP:cisco supports a pre-version of MSTP which appears the same as MSTP. The difference is not apparent in the command set. Howeve...

lcaruso by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need help with the following our core switch did a reboot during workday for no reason.I want to upgrade the software to s72033-ipservicesk9_wan-vz.122-33.SXI7 but why does sh version shows that “System image file is "sup-bootdisk:s72033-ipservices...