Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All,I'm trying to connect a Cat3560 SFP (GLC-SX-MM) across MM fiber to a Trendnet TFC-2000MSC Gigabit fiber transceiver.  I never see the interface on my switch come up in a connected state.  I have confirmed that the hardware is good and the fibe...

rkallas by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Just a quick sanity check...One can absolutely connect a DCB-capable switch port to a switch port that does not support DCB. Is this a correct statement?It seems like it should indeed be the case. The DCBx protocol is meant to exchange DCB capabiliti...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I have 2 cisco 3750g between 2 building 1 in Lich & 1 in Lake connected with 8 core fibre but ever time we put more than 1 pair on it crashes the system.

Hi,We have a Cisco ASR 9000 that was deployed but they need me to backup the cofiguration.  I have never touched an ASR 9000 before, please let me know where the running-configuration is stored. And I performed a "show media location all", i noticed ...

What is  the most common reason of TCP rst packet sent by either server or client ? I came to know from some online forums that it is due to session timeout? If it is due to session timeout, I believe TCP work on technology like packet retransmission...

Hello, need help. I'm trying to allow Internet access from a newly created VLAN. NetworkUsing C1760 router for Voice T1, currently Default Gateway for Voice and Data.C1760 is configured with 2 sub-interface networks 10.1.1.x & 10.100.1.xUsing ASA5510...

Js.505050 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We're currently upgrading our network from a flat layer 2 setup with a mix of HP, Dell, 3com, over to Cisco for the core and some HP for PoE/edge but we're running into trouble swapping in our first Cisco switch, a 3750x which has a bit of learning c...

Hello, this is a cross post from the Microsoft forums, so I hope that's OK. My problem is either a Cisco routing problem or a Windows 7 problem; I'm not ssure with which I have gone wrong:We are getting Events 5719 from NETLOGON with the message "cur...

Hello,A couple of days ago, suddenly my internet connection went down. I was not able to ping or access the router via telnet and ssh. The switch in my room showed a light of the port to the router, so the port on the router must be up.I reset the mo...

Hi,While keying in command: spanning-tree vlan 1-4096 priority 0, below error was received,% Command rejected: Bad instance list: Character #7 delimits a number which is 0I could not find any reference to this. Appreciate all help , what does this me...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everybody,I need to design the architecture for a big network (about 800 nodes)1-/ what is the core level in an archietcure and in what case we need a core level?2-/ for a big network with 900 nodes, wich switches can be used for Distributions Lev...

zain_gabon by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloIs it possible to terminate several MACsec connetions from different switches on a single switchport? This question refer to the Catalyst 3560X and 3750X switches.Does anyone know how is the performance on a 1 giga or 10 giga link with MACsec on...

plingg by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes