Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a number of 2960 LAN Lite switches running image C2960-lanlitek9-mz.122-50.se5.bin. I was asked to upgrade these to C2960-lanlitek9-mz.122-58.SE1.bin. I down loaded the image via TFTP and this resulted in flash looking as shown below Directory...

agroarke by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am working at a place that is using a Motorola RFS 4000 as its router.We have on hand a Cisco 881w and an ASA 5505 and are debating using the 881w or the ASA as our router (first device attached to our adtran with 3 bonded T1's)My thought is why no...

randy by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Is HSRP a requirement when using two Nexus 5500s with VPC? Here's what I just saw happening. I have two N 5548s running VPC with a VPC Peer link and a regular L2 trunk between them. Connected to N5k #2, i have a trunk to my lab. On N5k #1, I se...

rtjensen4 by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all, i am attaching one network diagram , in that i need traffic flow on both side the place which i put ??? mark wat device i can use , i can use normal home router.or anyother possible solution for this kind of network.

zeuscyril by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We're redesign the network and debating on the subnetting topic to find out what's the best practice/design to allocate IP addresses. Obviously reserving IP address is important. Ournetworks consists of server, MPLS and VRF etc, with wireless, wired,...

zappo0305 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,In one of our datacenters, I have a server-farm distribution switch for HP blades : WS-CBS3120G-S.It is connected by LACP etherchannel using 7 ports to my core switch.Unfortunately, I noticed the load balancing algorithm to be pretty unefficie...

tommyboay by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I am having trouble directing a SPAN session through both a 2940 and 2960G switch.  I have a Nexus 5K provding/outputting a SPAN session, going to to an interface on the 29xx configured as a SPAN source.  I then have another interface on the 2...

HelloOur 4 different group will be sharing the same office floor  which was scattered earlier in different cities. Total number of Users would be around 100 and I already got 3 switches 2960 (48 ports ). Can someone suggest a good backbone switch whe...

1) I have two Catalyst 2900S switches interconnected with 2 uplinks on port 1/0/47 and 1/0/48, hard coded as trunk.If I hard code the speed and duplex on both switches, all 4 trunk ports go down. What is the reason and recommendation?2) Both switches...

avilt by Level 3
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi  Quick Question:I have a office in Jacksonville FL, with a connection to the UK.   At present the office is using an old Proxy server in the UK for internet access.  Works but it is not fast.   With an Internet line installed in the offi...

haughjd by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi:i am just new to cisco switchs and routers. i am running packet tracer and having a question about etherchannel redundancy. my toplogy looks like below i added both PCs to vlan 10 via port 10VLAN Name                             Status    Ports---...