Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

While monitoring one our of 3825's on bootup, I noticed the following:System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(13r)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupportCopyright (c) 2006 by cisco Systems, Inc.System Bootstrap, Version 12...

Both the 3750 series and many of the blade switches have stack connections however I have been unable to find anything that addresses the compatability of their stacks. Ideally I would like to stack 3750s and Blade switches, but so far I have not see...

When I create new VRFs on a 6500 platform i see the following in the log:.Feb 25 16:33:18.120: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface VRF_81_vlan1172, changed state to upThe 6500 "steals" a VLAN ID for internal use. This VLAN can then not be...

jorgensor by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Our cat6500 (Supervisor Engine 720) started reporting packet drop storm control message in log for it's 10Gig port that is used as an interconnect to the its peers. When you run "show interfaces TenGigabitEthernet 7/2 counters nonzero", the "InBcastP...

If a static route is configured to advertise a /24 network using a next hop address that is behind an interface on this router that is currently down, will those networks be advertised out via BGP.Please advise and thank you!

myounger by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have copied the config from a text file to our Cisco Catalyst 4948.  The config came from one of our other 4948s.  It appears that the file copied correctly, however, I can't ping to and from the switch.  Interfaces show administratively up but lin...

hi,my topology is like this:mulitiple catalyst acces switchs ( with 2 vlans : 1 for users xxx,1 for management 800) with one uplink to distribution ( 3com 4800g)vlans users:      100,200,300,400  vlan   management:      8003com operates with RSTP and...

fd_case17 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I'm building up a catalyst 3750 and have around 90% of the build completed. I configured the login potion for the vty and console connections. I copied the running config and reloaded as I have a habit of doing through the build. However, I can...

Hi,Vlan 70 and vlan 83 exist on 6513 floor switch 1 . This floor switch is tied to core switch 2. I have attached a Diagram of the scenario.SVI for vlan 70 and 83 sit on Core 1.My workstation is on vlan 70 and when i do a ping to a workstaion on vlan...

Hi Everyone,New to VLANS and just wanted some guidance.We have a Billion Router - connected to a Watchguard which connects to the SRW224G4P switch.We have two offices that both require internet access but should not be able to see each other.I would ...

Hello,I am trying to configure an etherchannel between 2 2960's.  They are not in production yet, but I have configured the 2 switches with the etherchannel, and I have put 2 PC's ether side and they can ping each other.  If I shut down one of the po...

Does anyone know any free software that can simulate cisco switches commands?  I would like to know the outcome if I run certain command lines on a cisco switches.  I do not have apre switches to test or see what it does.  Basically I just want to se...

john.tran by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! CDP

As I know the main objective for CDP message is existence notes, but I have a question for that.Does the CDP message could conatins information about VLANs in a switch?I ask this question because I was work with an Optiview in a network discovery, I ...