Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi ,Well this is bit short and a tricky one for me !! may be if any guru can help on this ....I have 2 Vlans :Vlan 200 vlan 300both the vlan needs to connect or talk to the same servers. Is it possible to do this without Private vlan concept ?? If s...

balaji090 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

It takes about 5-10 seconds to execute any command via a telnet session to the switch. There is a redundant 3560-24 running the same IOS uplinked via the same GigE 2960G-24TT with no issue. The problem switch is actually less populated then the switc...

Have an attorneys office that needs to connect via PPTP to a VPN and then RDP into a desktop to access files.PPTP setup and working on Pix 515e. Can connect fine. When client then tries to RDP into the machine they cannot connect.Cisco 3560 switch ...

sonitadmin by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 2950 switch which is behind a Cisco PIX (7.0). While trying to telnet to 2950 the connection is intermittent. Sometimes telnet works and sometimes not(no login prompt). Below is the capture on PIX. 1: 04:42:16.747626 10.194.1.106.47552 > 10...

pankajs by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are replacing our old 4006 with a 4510RE.5 blades of 10/100/1000 1 SPF blade with 6 gbicNo VOIP or POEOne vendor is quoting dual 2800W p/s and the other is quoting 1100W p/s.The "2800" vendor is saying that if we put in 1100's, if one fails the ot...

paulc by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 7204 SLB

I have one router Cisco 7204 con IOS 12.4(15)T3, with the service SLB configure on it.I need to know if the Cisco 7204 support NAT source and what IOS version I need for support this feature.Thanks!best regards,Jorgelina

Hello Netpros, Need your suggestion to configure the scenerio attached in diagram. ---> Parent Switch-A & Parent Switch-B are connected with Switch-1 & Switch-2 respectively(Both are L2 connectivity).---> There are some other access connectivities e...

cisco.net by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All,I have a L3 connection between one of my core switches and a router. Ever since that connection was made I get this error in my logs:Sep 17 09:41:25.804 EDT: %DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE: IP-EIGRP(0) 1: Neighbor 16.11.17.218 (GigabitEthernet3/1) is up: new ...

mrashby by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Working on a project to cleanup and replace a network of older switches and hubs. Some of the units are daisy-chained together using a 10/100 port. I would like to present a case for using stackable switches vs daisy chainging them in this fashion. C...

Resolved! Port monitoring

Is there any possible way of a monitored port (source port) to stop forwarding traffic because either the destination port device was offline or crashed (like Wireshark)?I need to set up port mirroring for Snort, but I don't know how much traffic I'm...

I'm trying to figure out how to modify the EIGRP within our network and need some guidance. Basically, is there any way within EIGRP to force traffic into one router rather than another? I just need to know how to properly set the weights so that a...

mpozorski by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes