Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

All,I want to buy a L3 switch for a lab, and I'm trying to figure out which model to purchase. So far I've been looking at the 3550s, but is there an earlier model that works just as well and would be cheaper? Did Cisco make a L3 switch in the 29xx s...

Hi all, I'm looking to set my arp timer to 420s and my cam table timer to 480 to get rid of unicast flooding. Anyone have any insight into the effect this will have on existing traffic? Does the switch accept the new timers gracefully or does it flus...

rsamuel37 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 6509 with MSFC and I need to redistribute the EIGRP routes to RIPv2 as part of a merger with another network.When I enter the command the only RIP option available after "Redestribute" is RIP.....will this include RIPv2 or will this only be ...

BlueyVIII by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good morning all, I am having trouble with one of the ports on our switch. It is telling me that I have a host flapping between ports 2/8 and 2/18. I found the port that was causeing the issue but don't know what that error means or how to fix it com...

rhilliker by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have "maximum-paths" configured and seeing two entries in the RIB for remote prefixes at the hub core 6500 (it has two EBGP connections to two CE from 2 carriers each).The remote site has 2 CE routers connected to two carriers, one carrier each, an...

frank by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a two-switch C3750 stack, and I made a change to the SDM, which required the system to be reloaded. since reloading during the middle of the day was not possible, I issued a 'reload at 4:00 ..." command. The system accepted the command, and ...

We're looking at replacing a 4507R at the core of our network with a 6500 series. Currently, the 4507R has a supervisor engine IV, 3 48-port copper blades, and 2 6-port fiber blades. We're hoping to include in the 6500 series replacement the firewall...

I've put together a test network in order to test that when an uplink from a 3560 to a 6500 switch saturated by traffic my QOS configuration reserves some bandwidth for management protocols, e.g telnet/ssh. This is because I have a potential oversub...

Resolved! Nexus VTY Control

How can you restrict SSH access to a Nexus except from a specific subnet? i know how to do this on an IOS device but don't see the access-class statement on the Nexus.TIA

bs6825 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Eveyybody,I have two 3750s interconnected via L3 port channel (second switch will be placed on WAN after finished additional config).I have RIP enabled for subnets on both sides, everything seems to be working perfectly fine, routing is OK...etc.T...

cmeljakovo by Level 1
  • 17 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

we had a network outage and logs isnt giving enough information. there was a change on etherchannel though prior to the outage. the logs doesnt given enough evidence6500 A ---port channel 1---- 6500 B6500 A is also connected to HPSW1 with portchannel...